- Moscow planning to block 'extremist' propaganda amid 'global fight' on ISMoscow is planning to step up measures to block "extremist propaganda" on the Internet as part of its fight against Islamic State (IS) recruitment and radicalization.Eurasia August 2, 2015
- New US sanctions will not impact trade with Russia - EconomistWashington’s new sanctions against Russia will have little, if any, effect on the trade relations between the two countries, the head of the Russian-American Pacific Partnership forum said on Friday.Eurasia July 31, 2015
- Russia not responsible for MH17 crash: KremlinRussia is not responsible for the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine one year ago, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Thursday. It is "utterly absurd" to c...
- US 'outraged' after Russia vetoes UN resolution on MH17The U.S. ambassdor to the United Nations says the U.S. is outraged and dissapointed after Russia vetoed a Security Council resolution
- 2,000 Russians gone to Iraq, Syria including to join ISILAbout 2,000 Russians have left their country for Syria and Iraq, including to join the ranks of the radical ISIL organization, Head of Russia’s Federal Agency for Ethnic...
- Russia to deliver 140,000 tonnes of cargo for troops in ArcticRussia will deliver more than 140,000 tonnes of cargo for the troops deployed in the Arctic, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Gen. Dmitry Bulgakov said Thursday."During 2015 we...
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on MH17 tribunalResolution would have set up tribunal to prosecute those responsible for shooting down the Malaysian plane over Ukraine
- White House says it won't pardon whistleblower SnowdenThe White House has dismissed a petition calling on the United States to pardon fugitive government contractor Edward Snowden, whose revelations about spying prompted international outrage and damaged relations with key allies.Eurasia July 29, 2015
- Analysts: Russian cooperation on Syria, Ukraine less promising than Iran dealU.S.-Russian collaboration to secure a deal on Iran's nuclear program has raised hopes of closer cooperation on other world issues, but analysts say any progress is likely to be slow in coming.Eurasia July 28, 2015
- World should cooperate against terror: Russian Deputy FMRussian Deputy Foreign Minister Oleg Syromolotov urged international community to cooperate in anti-terror activities. Widely experienced in successfully fighting terrorists, Russia "has ...
- EU lawmaker confirms group 'For new dialogue with Russia' to visit MoscowEuropean parliamentarians comprising the so-called group For New Dialogue With Russia will visit Moscow by year-end or at the beginning of 2016, Italian Member of the European Parliament group Elisabe...
- Ukraine detains alleged Russian officer in eastUkraine's border-guards service says it has detained a Russian officer who was driving in a military truck packed with ammunition in the country's war-torn east.
- Azerbaijani and Armenian forces clash, 6 deadOne Azerbaijani and five Armenians were killed SaturdayEurasia July 25, 2015
- Russia poised to veto bid to create UN tribunal on MH17 next weekThe United Nations Security Council will vote on July 29 on creating an international tribunal to prosecute those suspected of downing a passenger airliner last year in Ukraine...Eurasia July 25, 2015
- Russia: Five militants killed in North CaucasusAt least five militants were killed in clashes with Russian security forces in Kabardino-Balkaria Republic of North Caucasus, Russia on Thursday. According to security sources, the militants...Eurasia July 23, 2015
- US general favors sending defensive lethal aid to UkraineArmy Gen. Mark Milley, who is tapped by President Barack Obama to become the next Army chief of staff, became the latest military voice Tuesday to say that Ukraine should be supplied with lethal defen...Eurasia July 22, 2015
- Top U.S. general backs giving lethal weapons to UkraineThe United States should "seriously consider" providing Ukraine with lethal weapons and putting U.S. air strike controllers near combat areas in Iraq, a top general said July 21.Eurasia July 22, 2015
- Georgian protests call for harder line on RussiaDemonstrators demanded an end to the Russian “occupation” of two breakaway regions of Georgia on Saturday. More than 1,000 protesters gathered in the capital Tbilisi to call for a more ...Eurasia July 20, 2015
- Russian FM holds talks with Ukraine, U.S., German counterpartsRussian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has held talks with his counterparts from Ukraine, Germany, and the United States about the situation in eastern Ukraine.Eurasia July 20, 2015
- Greek crisis threatens to become crisis in Georgia, tooIn this age of globalization, when Greece sneezes, even Georgia catches a cold. "We are all completely dependent on her," says 34-year-old Natia of her mother-in-law Guliko, who is a dome...Eurasia July 17, 2015
- MH17 downing: One tragedy, one truth, but many storiesOne year after the single deadliest incident of the Ukrainian conflict -- the shooting down of a Malaysia Airlines jet, killing all 298 unsuspecting passengers and crew aboard Flight MH17 -- the world...Eurasia July 17, 2015
- Ukraine parliament sends draft constitutional changes to courtUkrainian lawmakers have voted to send President Petro Poroshenko’s proposed constitutional changes to the Constitutional Court. According to the draft amendments, "a special law will re...Eurasia July 16, 2015
- Obama thanks Putin for helping to reach Iran nuke dealPresident Barack Obama spoke Wednesday with Russian President Vladimir Putin and thanked him for his efforts in helping to reach a deal with Iran on its nuclear program, according to the White House.&...Eurasia July 16, 2015
- 1.3 mln people lack access to water in eastern UkraineUp to 1.3 million people are faced with a water crisis due the ongoing violence in eastern Ukraine, said the UNICEF representative to Ukraine. "Up to 1.3 million people in conflict-affected ...Eurasia July 15, 2015
- Russian high court says European Court's rulings can be ignoredRussia's Constitutional Court has ruled that officials can ignore judgments by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) if they are found to contravene the Russian Constitution.Eurasia July 15, 2015
Most Viewed News