26 May 2012The Syrian Revolution General Commission said that death toll rose to 115 in ongoing crackdown in the country.
The commission said 115 people, most of whom were women and children, were killed in operations in Homs and Hama on Friday.
According to opposition sources, 15,000 people had been killed by the Bashar al-Assad administration in Syria since opposition protests began 434 days ago.
UN-Arab League Special Envoy to Syria Kofi Annan presented a peace plan last month. The six-point peace plan includes demands for a ceasefire, the immediate withdrawal of heavy armor from residential areas and access for humanitarian aid.
The plan was presented to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on March 10 and accepted by him on March 27.
The ceasefire came into effect on April 12, but although the overall level of violence has dropped since then, al-Assad's government has been accused of failing to abide by key terms of the truce plan, including pulling all forces from urban areas and allowing peaceful demonstrations.