About Journal of Turkish Weekly (JTW)
JTW is a respected Turkish news source in English language on international politics. Established in 2004, JTW is published by Ankara-based Turkish think tank International Strategic Research Organization (USAK).
Apart from its staff's news and comments, JTW also republishes the articles from respected international news sources including Anadolu Agency, Hurriyet Daily News, RFERL, VOA News, Voice of Russia, IWPR, Jerusalem Post, Mehr News, Balkan Insight, Independent Balkan News Agency, SETimes, Xinhua, voxEU.org, Project-Syndicate, REGNUM, Eurasian Home, Uzreport, Sofia News Agency and others.
For further cooperation with JTW please contact with the Editor.
Chairman: Ozdem Sanberk
Editor: Hamdi Fırat Büyük
Co-Editors: Ömer Faruk Topal, Yağmur Erşan
Designed by: Vedat Suat Kavgaci
Proofreader: John Dykes
IT: Mehmet Akif Demir
Columnists and News Team:
Americas: Mehmet Yegin, Yavuz Yener
Asia: Selçuk Çolakoğlu, Emre Tunç Sakaoğlu
Balkans: Hamdi Firat Büyük
Caucasus: Güner Özkan, Kamer Kasim
Central Asia: M. Turgut Demirtepe, Gülay Kılıç
Europe: Fatma Yilmaz-Elmas, Mustafa Kutlay, Öznur Keleş, Öznur Akcalı
Energy: Hasan Selim Özertem, Yağmur Erşan, Haluk Direskeneli
Middle East: Osman Bahadir Dincer, Büşra Nur Özgüler, Mehmet Hecan, Ömer Faruk Topal
International Law: Oğuz Kaan Pehlivan
Russia: Habibe Ozdal, Kerim Has
Security: Ihsan Bal, Reyhan Güner
Turkey: Mehmet Güçer, Mehmet Onur Çevik, Elif Özmenek Çarmıklı
Journal of Turkish Weekly (JTW)
Adress: USAK, Ayten Sok. No:21 Mebusevleri, Tandogan, Ankara, TURKEY
Phone: +90 312 212 28 86
Fax : +90 312 212 25 84
Publishers' Books for Review
Being an intellectual platform for social sciences, JTW contributes to this area by promoting new publications in its Book Reviews section. Publishers can send newly published books to be reviewed to this sections editor. Or else, book reviews are also welcomed by JTW.
Book reviews should be preceded by full publication details including price and ISBN number:
Dale F. Eickelman, The Middle East and Central Asia: An Anthropological Perspective, 4. Edition, (Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2001). 384 sayfa. Biblo. Index. $48.40. ISBN: 0130336785
Editor for Book Reviews:
USAK, Ayten Sokak, No: 21, Mebusevleri, Tandogan,
Telephone: +90 (0)312 212 28 86
Your submissions to the JTW are always more than welcome. Please send your comments, articles and analyses to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the evaluation process by editorial board, your submissions can be published by JTW. Evaluation process takes approximately one month for articles and one week for commentaries. Articles, comments, or analyses submitted to JTW should be original and not published previously.
Unless otherwise stated, when published the copyright for all original contributions are held by JTW.
For commentaries or analyses the length of the essays should fall between 1000-1200 words for evaluation.
For article submission requirements below should be satisfied;
Articles as a rule should be minimum 4.000 words and not exceed 10.000 words, not including footnotes.
Style and Proofs:
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their manuscripts conform to the JTW style. The editors will not undertake retyping of manuscripts before publication. Please note that authors are expected to correct and return proofs of accepted articles within two weeks of receipt.
* In the case of books the following order should be observed in footnotes:
Author(s), Title, (Place of Publishing: Publisher, Year), Page.
* Begali Qosimov, İstiqlol Qahramonları: Mahmud Khoja Behbudiy, Tanlangan Asarlar, (Tashkent: Manaviyot, 1997), p. 45.
* In articles:
Author(s), Article Title, Journal Title, Vol., No., Year, Page.
* Chantal Lemercier-Quelquejay, Abdul Kayum Al-Nasuri: A Tatar Reformer of the 19th Century, Central Asian Survey, Vol. 1, No. 4, 1983, pp. 122-124.
Titles and Sub-Titles
Titles in the article should be 12 punt, bold and in uppercase form. The sub-titles should be 12 punt and in the title case form.
The authors should send a 200-word abstract of the manuscripts.
For more information about the journal feel free to contact with the editors.
The journal mainly focuses on the following areas:
* Turkish foreign policy
* Turkish economy and politics
* Black Sea Basin
* Central Asia
* Mediterranean Basin
* Middle East
The Publisher, the Journal of Turkish Weekly, and Editors cannot be held responsible for errors or any consequences arising from the use of information contained in this journal; the views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Publisher, the Journal of Turkish Weekly, and Editors.
* By using JTW you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.turkishweekly.net. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use www.turkishweekly.net.
* Unless otherwise stated, the copyright for all original contributions are held by JTW.
* JTW may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by JTW. Your continued use of JTW after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
* JTW wants to encourage dissemination but wishes to track usage of its content and to be sure JTW retain control so as to avoid abuses.
* You may copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public or otherwise use of JTW content by crediting the Journal of Turkish Weekly or International Strategic Research Organization. However, to copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public or otherwise use of the news and other materials republished by the JTW you must apply the original publishers. JTW cannot give permission to republish this kind of materials.
* You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any JTW content.
Advertise With Us
For advertisement please contact with email@example.com
Letters to the Editor
Letters to the editor should only be sent to the Journal of Turkish Weekly and must be your own work. We do not publish open letters or third-party letters.
Letters for publication must refer to an article that has appeared within the last week, and must include your full name, title and address. Please do not add attachments.
We regret we cannot return or acknowledge unpublished letters. Writers of those letters selected for publication will be notified within a week. Letters may be edited and shortened for space requirements.
Send a letter to the editor by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also mail your letter to:
Letters to the Editor
Ayten Sokak No: 21
Tandogan, Ankara, Turkey