JTW, ÷znur Akcalż
The press service of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has announced that Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has resigned.
Azarov stated that he had made a personal decision to resign in order to create additional opportunities for compromise for the sake of peacefully settling the conflict, according to AFP report.
It has claimed that Azarov is seeking to alleviate the two-month political crisis and the rising violence between protesters and the police. The protests have been continuing for two months. Three people were killed in the protests last week.
The protests had started with Ukraineís decision to dismiss the council dealing with the EU association agreement.
Ukrainian PM Azarov resigns
January 28, 2014
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia's Lavrov cancels Turkey visit
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPM: Turkey has right to take 'all kinds of measures'
- TURKEYA civilian killed at border post in southeast Turkey
- TURKEYTurkey: New cabinet offers changes for economy
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey summons Russian envoy over shot down warplane
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens