Azerbaijan has great opportunities for holding Euro-2020, UEFA president Michel Platini said at a briefing today during his visit to Azerbaijan.
It should be stressed that UEFA has approved Baku as a candidate for holding Euro-2020 to be held in 13 cities of the continent.
Baku's candidacy was put forward by AFFA. Baku will compete with the cities from 31 countries. So, UEFA has approved 32 cities as candidates.
Platini said that Azerbaijan has good infrastructure.
"I see that Baku has many chances to hold Euro-2020," he added. "But I have a neutral position in this issue."
It should be stressed that the cities that will host Euro-2020 will be determined in about a year, on September 25 next year.
It should be recalled that UEFA head together with AFFA president took part in a foundation laying ceremony of a training base for the teams in Mardakan's football center.
- ASIAChina blocks US navy ships' access to Hong Kong port
- AMERICASUS: Obama mocks Trump at last White House press dinner
- TURKEYThree Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack in southeast
- TURKEYTurkish police hold Daesh 'May Day attack' suspects
- TURKEYOfficer killed in bomb attack on Gaziantep police HQ in Turkey's southeast
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYNo EU migrant deal if visas not lifted: Turkish PM
- 2TURKEYPolice working to confirm Bursa suicide bomber’s identity
- 3TURKEYUK academic in Turkey faces five years in jail for ‘terrorism propaganda’
- 4EUROPELuxLeaks tax case: former PwC employees face trial
- 5ASIAAfghanistan welcomes investigative report on hospital attack in Kunduz