Azerbaijan has great opportunities for holding Euro-2020, UEFA president Michel Platini said at a briefing today during his visit to Azerbaijan.
It should be stressed that UEFA has approved Baku as a candidate for holding Euro-2020 to be held in 13 cities of the continent.
Baku's candidacy was put forward by AFFA. Baku will compete with the cities from 31 countries. So, UEFA has approved 32 cities as candidates.
Platini said that Azerbaijan has good infrastructure.
"I see that Baku has many chances to hold Euro-2020," he added. "But I have a neutral position in this issue."
It should be stressed that the cities that will host Euro-2020 will be determined in about a year, on September 25 next year.
It should be recalled that UEFA head together with AFFA president took part in a foundation laying ceremony of a training base for the teams in Mardakan's football center.
- TURKEYOne policeman martyred in SE Turkey
- TURKEYThree security officials killed, two wounded in PKK attacks in Turkey’s southeast
- TURKEYCHP leader calls for focus on coup laws in new charter work
- EUROPEMigrant crisis fuels debate over Britain’s future in EU
- AMERICASTrump, Sanders win New Hampshire primary
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTPeshmerga needs $300M a month to fight Daesh: official
- 2TURKEYTurkey is 'last castle of oppressed nations', says PM
- 3AMERICASObama must be firm on release of Malaysia’s Ibrahim: HRW
- 4TURKEYTurkish PM warns Russia by recalling Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
- 5TURKEYTurkish President Erdođan hosts urgent security summit with top officials