Turkey will take all necessary measures to prevent activities in connection with the 100th anniversary of the so-called 'Armenian genocide' to be held by Armenia and the Armenian Diaspora, Turkish Ambassador to Azerbaijan Ismail Alper Joshgun told media today.
He was commenting on the activities that Armenia might hold in 2015 in connection with 100th anniversary of the so-called 'Armenian genocide'.
"Earlier, Armenians voiced far-fetched claims and such claims can be expected in the future," the ambassador added.
"Turkey will celebrate the centenary of the Battle of Canakkale in two years," he said.
He stressed that Armenia's state ideology is based on falsification of the 1915 events.
"I hope that all historical events will be considered from the point of view of archival material, as Turkey and Azerbaijan proposed," he said.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEEU takes historic step to lift travel visas for Turks
- 2TURKEYTurkey’s ruling AKP will make extraordinary congress decision: Sources
- 3EUROPEMillions go to vote in UK’s regional elections
- 4AFRICAUganda: Govt bans media coverage of opposition
- 5TURKEYDelegation from Turkish opposition party detained in Israel