MOSCOW - Russia is very concerned that Washington may respond militarily to a suspected chemical weapons attack by Syria's government, and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov urged restraint when talking to his US counterpart, the ministry said on Monday.
"The minister (Lavrov) stressed that the official announcements from Washington in recent days about the readiness of US armed forces to 'intervene' in the Syrian conflict have been received in Moscow with deep concern," the foreign ministry said in a statement, referring to a conversation on Sunday.
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 4TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdođan warns Russia ‘not to play with fire’