MOSCOW - Russia is very concerned that Washington may respond militarily to a suspected chemical weapons attack by Syria's government, and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov urged restraint when talking to his US counterpart, the ministry said on Monday.
"The minister (Lavrov) stressed that the official announcements from Washington in recent days about the readiness of US armed forces to 'intervene' in the Syrian conflict have been received in Moscow with deep concern," the foreign ministry said in a statement, referring to a conversation on Sunday.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYNo Muslim family should engage in birth control: Erdođan
- 2ASIAIndonesia to help worker sentenced to death in Malaysia
- 3TURKEYCommon legacy: Turkish and Greek delicious foods
- 4TURKEYSurvey: “Majority of Turkish citizens believe that Turkey will never become a full member of the EU”
- 5TURKEYPKK killed a soldier in SE Turkey