MOSCOW - Russia is very concerned that Washington may respond militarily to a suspected chemical weapons attack by Syria's government, and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov urged restraint when talking to his US counterpart, the ministry said on Monday.
"The minister (Lavrov) stressed that the official announcements from Washington in recent days about the readiness of US armed forces to 'intervene' in the Syrian conflict have been received in Moscow with deep concern," the foreign ministry said in a statement, referring to a conversation on Sunday.
- WORLDUN Security Council to Meet over North Korea Rocket Launch
- EUROPEAustria Wants EUR 600 M from EU to Cover Extra 2015 Asylum Costs
- AMERICASColombia: 3,100 Known Zika Cases in Pregnant Women
- EUROPEBulgaria's Growth to Fall in 2016, EU Says
- MIDDLE EASTIraq's Prime Minister Rejects Baghdad Wall Plans
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEEU's Unanimous Recognition of Kosovo to Normalise Relations with Serbia – MEPs
- 2TURKEYTurkish gov’t reveals much-vaunted ‘action plan’ to resolve Kurdish issue
- 3MIDDLE EASTUS calls for immediate halt to Russian airstrikes in Syria
- 4TURKEYEU to Ankara: You must help refugees
- 5TURKEYTurkish military launches large air campaign on PKK targets in northern Iraq