Assad forces attacked eastern Damascus suburb Ghouta with chemical weapons killing 635 people and wounding over 3,600, SRGC claimed
DAMASCUS (AA) - Syrian Revolution General Commission (SRGC) claimed Assad forces on Tuesday attacked Ghouta, the eastern suburb of Damascus, with chemical weapons, killing 635 people and wounding over 3,600.
SRGC claimed that regime forces staged attacks in Ghouta and killed 300 in Hammuriyah, 78 in Irbin, 67 in Sepqa, 140 in Kafr Batna and 50 in Mudamiyah.
Syrian Local Coordination Committee (LCC) defined the attacks as "massacre" and is worried over the number of casualties increasing due to lack of medical supplies in field hospitals.
The commission said heavy bombings continued in Muheila, Jobar, Mudamiyah and Darayya and various other suburbs of Damascus.
-"Sarin gas used"
Halid Mahmud, a doctor in the region told Anadolu Agency several people were affected by the "sarin gas."
Emphasizing the need for medical supplies, Mahmud said difficulty in breathing, vomitting, contraction in pupils and loss of consciousness were the common symptoms of the wounded brought to hospital.
Mahmud also reiterated the concern over the number of casualties increasing.
Meanwhile, activists said civilians were attacked early in the morning and hence at a more vulnerable time, resulting in more severe consequences.
- TURKEYDeath toll in Gaziantep car bomb attack rises to three
- TURKEYPolice report on ISIL suicide bomb suspects leads to Ankara district
- ASIAUS watching as North Korea opens biggest political meeting in decades
- AMERICASWhite House: lawsuit against Obama raises good questions
- MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime accused of bombing refugee camp, killing 30
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEEU takes historic step to lift travel visas for Turks
- 2AFRICAUganda: Govt bans media coverage of opposition
- 3ASIABlocked Facebook page suggests deal with Thai junta
- 4TURKEYDavutoğlu stepping down as Turkish PM, AKP to hold snap congress
- 5TURKEYTurkeys ruling AKP will make extraordinary congress decision: Sources