Assad forces attacked eastern Damascus suburb Ghouta with chemical weapons killing 635 people and wounding over 3,600, SRGC claimed
DAMASCUS (AA) - Syrian Revolution General Commission (SRGC) claimed Assad forces on Tuesday attacked Ghouta, the eastern suburb of Damascus, with chemical weapons, killing 635 people and wounding over 3,600.
SRGC claimed that regime forces staged attacks in Ghouta and killed 300 in Hammuriyah, 78 in Irbin, 67 in Sepqa, 140 in Kafr Batna and 50 in Mudamiyah.
Syrian Local Coordination Committee (LCC) defined the attacks as "massacre" and is worried over the number of casualties increasing due to lack of medical supplies in field hospitals.
The commission said heavy bombings continued in Muheila, Jobar, Mudamiyah and Darayya and various other suburbs of Damascus.
-"Sarin gas used"
Halid Mahmud, a doctor in the region told Anadolu Agency several people were affected by the "sarin gas."
Emphasizing the need for medical supplies, Mahmud said difficulty in breathing, vomitting, contraction in pupils and loss of consciousness were the common symptoms of the wounded brought to hospital.
Mahmud also reiterated the concern over the number of casualties increasing.
Meanwhile, activists said civilians were attacked early in the morning and hence at a more vulnerable time, resulting in more severe consequences.
- EUROPESuspected jihadist will not recover Swiss passport
- EUROPECriminal foreigners vote ‘will not affect asylum seekers’
- EUROPEManufacturing ‘shifting out of Switzerland’
- WORLDEx-FIFA Secretary General Valcke handed 12-year ban
- ECONOMYIran to fulfill arbitration decision on gas discount: Senior official
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTIranians mark anniversary of 1979 Islamic revolution holding 'Death to America, Israel' signs
- 2EUROPETurkey bans 'Pro-Russian' Bulgarian politicians
- 3TURKEYIran cites Turkey as priority, proposes new economic plan
- 4MIDDLE EASTAshrawi: “The Palestinian question needs unity, Palestinians need hope”
- 5TURKEYTurkey, Iran to boost dialogue says diplomat