An area collapsed near the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
(AA) - An area collapsed near the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem late Tuesday.
According to an eyewitness, the collapse happened near the Bab as Silsila, on the western part of the mosque.
It is the second collapse near the western wall within 5 years, Cum'a Usayle, an eyewitness said.
Usayle told AA, "The collapse has caused a deep hole there. It is dangerous for the Al-Aqsa Mosque. It poses danger especially for children and women."
No security precautions around the area have been taken by Israeli officials so far. There is also no statement about the event.
Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization accused Israel of paving the way for demolishing the Al-Aqsa Mosque by building new settlements and digging dozens of tunnels.
- TURKEYPM to be briefed on talks with Turkey
- EUROPEBlockade Remains at Two Bulgarian-Greek Border Checkpoints as Protests Continue
- MIDDLE EASTInternational Community Vows to Seek Cessation of Hostilities in Syria
- TURKEYErdogan Says Turkey Could Sent Millions of Migrants to Europe
- WORLDNATO Ships in Aegean to Help EU Stem People Smuggling
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTRussia offers cease-fire proposal for Syria
- 2MIDDLE EASTRussia blames U.S. for bombings in Syrian Aleppo
- 3MIDDLE EASTKremlin rejects criticism of Syrian air campaign
- 4AMERICASNew US ambassador to Cambodia eyes improved trade, relations
- 5EUROPEKosovar political crisis deepens despite international pressure and attempts at resolution