An area collapsed near the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
(AA) - An area collapsed near the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem late Tuesday.
According to an eyewitness, the collapse happened near the Bab as Silsila, on the western part of the mosque.
It is the second collapse near the western wall within 5 years, Cum'a Usayle, an eyewitness said.
Usayle told AA, "The collapse has caused a deep hole there. It is dangerous for the Al-Aqsa Mosque. It poses danger especially for children and women."
No security precautions around the area have been taken by Israeli officials so far. There is also no statement about the event.
Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization accused Israel of paving the way for demolishing the Al-Aqsa Mosque by building new settlements and digging dozens of tunnels.
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTSyria air campaign raises questions about Russian capabilities
- 2TURKEYErdogan: Russian bombs in Syria hit moderate opposition
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian government forces reportedly gearing up for ground offensive
- 4TURKEYTurkish PM thanked PYD during relocation of Ottoman tomb: HDPís ÷nder
- 5TURKEYIranian intelligence helps in release of Turkish workers in Iraq