An area collapsed near the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
(AA) - An area collapsed near the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem late Tuesday.
According to an eyewitness, the collapse happened near the Bab as Silsila, on the western part of the mosque.
It is the second collapse near the western wall within 5 years, Cum'a Usayle, an eyewitness said.
Usayle told AA, "The collapse has caused a deep hole there. It is dangerous for the Al-Aqsa Mosque. It poses danger especially for children and women."
No security precautions around the area have been taken by Israeli officials so far. There is also no statement about the event.
Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization accused Israel of paving the way for demolishing the Al-Aqsa Mosque by building new settlements and digging dozens of tunnels.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News