An area collapsed near the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
(AA) - An area collapsed near the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem late Tuesday.
According to an eyewitness, the collapse happened near the Bab as Silsila, on the western part of the mosque.
It is the second collapse near the western wall within 5 years, Cum'a Usayle, an eyewitness said.
Usayle told AA, "The collapse has caused a deep hole there. It is dangerous for the Al-Aqsa Mosque. It poses danger especially for children and women."
No security precautions around the area have been taken by Israeli officials so far. There is also no statement about the event.
Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization accused Israel of paving the way for demolishing the Al-Aqsa Mosque by building new settlements and digging dozens of tunnels.
- TURKEYTurkish history does not start with War of Independence: Erdoðan
- AMERICASClinton, Trump and the 'woman’s card'
- MIDDLE EASTUS walks thin line with Russia between cooperating and helping
- MIDDLE EASTDemanding gov't reform, Sadrists storm Iraq parliament
- TURKEYAKP board takes back key authority from Davutoðlu
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYNo EU migrant deal if visas not lifted: Turkish PM
- 2TURKEYPolice working to confirm Bursa suicide bomber’s identity
- 3TURKEYUK academic in Turkey faces five years in jail for ‘terrorism propaganda’
- 4EURASIARussian jet intercepts US aircraft in Baltic Sea
- 5EUROPEFranco-German call for easier suspension of visa-free travel stirs controversy