An area collapsed near the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
(AA) - An area collapsed near the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem late Tuesday.
According to an eyewitness, the collapse happened near the Bab as Silsila, on the western part of the mosque.
It is the second collapse near the western wall within 5 years, Cum'a Usayle, an eyewitness said.
Usayle told AA, "The collapse has caused a deep hole there. It is dangerous for the Al-Aqsa Mosque. It poses danger especially for children and women."
No security precautions around the area have been taken by Israeli officials so far. There is also no statement about the event.
Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization accused Israel of paving the way for demolishing the Al-Aqsa Mosque by building new settlements and digging dozens of tunnels.
- ENERGYUN Climate Change Conference in nine points
- TURKEYTurkey detains over 2,500 ISIL members over three years
- TURKEYInvestigators visit scene of Elçis killing on third day
- TURKEYElçi killed by 'obstructors of crime scene investigation': Turkish PM
- MIDDLE EAST'Security, hope at a low point for Palestinians'
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPETurkish coast guards detain 752 asylum seekers
- 2MIDDLE EASTRussian airstrikes targeting Turkmen in Syria: Commander
- 3EUROPEChina to invest 1,72 billion USD for the construction of a highway between Montenegro and Albania
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey ready to talk with Russia, not apologize
- 5TURKEYEU, Turkey agree on refugee action plan