Egypt closed the Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip in both directions due to the ongoing instability in the country, Palestinian news agency Ma'an quoted Palestinian officials as saying.
Ma'an quoted Hamas' director of border crossings Mahir Abu Sabha, as confirming in a statement that Egypt officially informed his department that the Rafah crossing would be closed in both directions "due to bad security conditions in North Sinai district."
The Rafah border crossing has been operating at a reduced capacity since July 3.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEKosovo’s diplomacy is failing; only two states have recognized the country in 9 months
- 2TURKEYTurkish defense firms ‘deployed’ in Qatar for better trade
- 3MIDDLE EASTRussian warships hit IS targets in Syria
- 4EUROPEEU offers Turkey cash over migrant crisis
- 5TURKEYRussia to 'think twice' about entering Turkey's airspace