Egypt closed the Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip in both directions due to the ongoing instability in the country, Palestinian news agency Ma'an quoted Palestinian officials as saying.
Ma'an quoted Hamas' director of border crossings Mahir Abu Sabha, as confirming in a statement that Egypt officially informed his department that the Rafah crossing would be closed in both directions "due to bad security conditions in North Sinai district."
The Rafah border crossing has been operating at a reduced capacity since July 3.
- MIDDLE EASTIsrael defies international law by holding bodies of slain Palestinians
- EUROPEBelgian security crackdown 'should not target Muslims'
- MIDDLE EASTSyria: Russian warplanes kill 11 civilians in Idlib
- ASIAReport: North Korean sub missile launch 'fails'
- EUROPESpanish police arrest three in connection with Daesh
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 5TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges