Egypt closed the Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip in both directions due to the ongoing instability in the country, Palestinian news agency Ma'an quoted Palestinian officials as saying.
Ma'an quoted Hamas' director of border crossings Mahir Abu Sabha, as confirming in a statement that Egypt officially informed his department that the Rafah crossing would be closed in both directions "due to bad security conditions in North Sinai district."
The Rafah border crossing has been operating at a reduced capacity since July 3.
- ENERGYIran's oil production costs $3-7 per barrel depending on extraction zone
- MIDDLE EASTUS-led coalition launches 18 airstrikes against Daesh in Iraq, 2 in Syria
- EUROPEEU, US, Russia to participate in Syria support group meeting in Munich
- ENERGYLevel of Russia's oil output in 2016 stands at 10.74mln barrels daily
- EURASIAIran says Russia has unique opportunity to invest in tourism, agriculture
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTPeshmerga needs $300M a month to fight Daesh: official
- 2TURKEYTurkey is 'last castle of oppressed nations', says PM
- 3TURKEYTurkish PM warns Russia by recalling Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
- 4AMERICASObama must be firm on release of Malaysia’s Ibrahim: HRW
- 5MIDDLE EASTAnalysis: Russia, US compete to ally with Kurds in ISIS fight