Egypt closed the Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip in both directions due to the ongoing instability in the country, Palestinian news agency Ma'an quoted Palestinian officials as saying.
Ma'an quoted Hamas' director of border crossings Mahir Abu Sabha, as confirming in a statement that Egypt officially informed his department that the Rafah crossing would be closed in both directions "due to bad security conditions in North Sinai district."
The Rafah border crossing has been operating at a reduced capacity since July 3.
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAIndonesia to help worker sentenced to death in Malaysia
- 2TURKEYNo Muslim family should engage in birth control: Erdođan
- 3TURKEYCommon legacy: Turkish and Greek delicious foods
- 4TURKEYSurvey: “Majority of Turkish citizens believe that Turkey will never become a full member of the EU”
- 5ECONOMYCredit Suisse to close Panama private banking office