Egypt closed the Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip in both directions due to the ongoing instability in the country, Palestinian news agency Ma'an quoted Palestinian officials as saying.
Ma'an quoted Hamas' director of border crossings Mahir Abu Sabha, as confirming in a statement that Egypt officially informed his department that the Rafah crossing would be closed in both directions "due to bad security conditions in North Sinai district."
The Rafah border crossing has been operating at a reduced capacity since July 3.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News