The U.S. Embassy in Turkey again shared Envoy Francis Ricciardone's latest comments about the ongoing clashes across Turkey on its official Twitter account late today.
U.S. Ambassador to Ankara Ricciardone told CNNTürk about the clashes on May 31: “Of course, nobody could be happy to see those saddening images. I am not happy either. I wish a speedy recovery to all those injured. But if you are asking me about U.S. foreign policy, as you know, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and the right to have peaceful protests are fundamentals of a democracy. I am not going to say anything further.”
The official website posted the tweet again on June 2 at around 10.30 p.m.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPETsipras – Erdogan: Cooperation is necessary in refugee crisis
- 2TURKEYA glance at the World Humanitarian Summit
- 3TURKEYUN receives criticism in humanitarian summit in Istanbul
- 4TURKEYPKK bomb attack killed 6 soldiers in Turkey's east
- 5ASIAPhilippine's incoming gov't to mull over population growth control