The U.S. Embassy in Turkey again shared Envoy Francis Ricciardone's latest comments about the ongoing clashes across Turkey on its official Twitter account late today.
U.S. Ambassador to Ankara Ricciardone told CNNTürk about the clashes on May 31: “Of course, nobody could be happy to see those saddening images. I am not happy either. I wish a speedy recovery to all those injured. But if you are asking me about U.S. foreign policy, as you know, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and the right to have peaceful protests are fundamentals of a democracy. I am not going to say anything further.”
The official website posted the tweet again on June 2 at around 10.30 p.m.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News