The U.S. Embassy in Turkey again shared Envoy Francis Ricciardone's latest comments about the ongoing clashes across Turkey on its official Twitter account late today.
U.S. Ambassador to Ankara Ricciardone told CNNTürk about the clashes on May 31: “Of course, nobody could be happy to see those saddening images. I am not happy either. I wish a speedy recovery to all those injured. But if you are asking me about U.S. foreign policy, as you know, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and the right to have peaceful protests are fundamentals of a democracy. I am not going to say anything further.”
The official website posted the tweet again on June 2 at around 10.30 p.m.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEBosnia’s Serb entity plans to vote on breaking the legal union of Bosnia in a referendum
- 2EURASIAExperts: International cooperation is vital in countering terrorism in Central Asia
- 3INTERVIEWSSassen: “We have entered a new era that the language of inequality cannot capture”
- 4TURKEYGermany’s Merkel to pay snap visit to Ankara
- 5EUROPEFrench Parliament debates constitutional amendment on deprivation of citizenship