The U.S. Embassy in Turkey again shared Envoy Francis Ricciardone's latest comments about the ongoing clashes across Turkey on its official Twitter account late today.
U.S. Ambassador to Ankara Ricciardone told CNNTürk about the clashes on May 31: “Of course, nobody could be happy to see those saddening images. I am not happy either. I wish a speedy recovery to all those injured. But if you are asking me about U.S. foreign policy, as you know, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and the right to have peaceful protests are fundamentals of a democracy. I am not going to say anything further.”
The official website posted the tweet again on June 2 at around 10.30 p.m.
- EUROPECitizens pick payments over asylum seekers – for now
- EUROPEBig turnout for Labour Day parades
- MIDDLE EASTCoalition drones take off from Turkey, hit ISIL in Syria for second day
- ECONOMYTurkey begins making its debut amphibious assault ship
- TURKEYMan hit by police water cannon dies in Istanbul’s Taksim
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina blocks US navy ships' access to Hong Kong port
- 2TURKEYOfficer killed in bomb attack on Gaziantep police HQ in Turkey's southeast
- 3TURKEYTurkish police hold Daesh 'May Day attack' suspects
- 4TURKEYThree Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack in southeast
- 5AMERICASUS: Obama mocks Trump at last White House press dinner