UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon hopes that the renewed engagement of the United States in the Palestinian-Israeli settlement will soon lead to a substantial initiative.
"I am encouraged by the political momentum created through US President Obama's visit to the region. I hope that renewed U.S. engagement would lead to a substantial initiative soon," Ban said in an interview ahead of his visit to Russia on May 16.
He welcomes effort aimed at the resumption of credible negotiations between Palestine and Israel. "I have welcomed the positive engagement of the Arab League Peace Initiative follow up committee," he said. "It is important to create an environment conducive to a resumption of talks. I encouraged both sides to take positive steps in this regard," Ban said.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News