Iranian parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani met with his Syrian counterpart, Mohammad Jahad Alham in Tehran, IRIB News reported.
During the meeting Larijani noted that Iran, under any circumstances would be supportive of Syria.
Larijani noted that because of international oppression and rapacious powers of some regional countries, the current situation in Syria exists.
Iranian speaker said that due to endurance and perseverance, Syrian government and people would prevail.
Mohammad Jahad Alham, who arrived in Iran yesterday in his turn thanked
Iran for its support during hard times in Syria, and said that Syrian people and government are ready to use all their options and opportunities.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than two years.
According to the UN, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 70,000 with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
- TURKEYArmy finds bodies of 30 terrorists in southeast Turkey
- MIDDLE EASTFive troops killed by roadside bomb in Egypt's Sinai
- EUROPEMunich deal 'unlikely' to change Syria situation
- MIDDLE EASTEgypt opens Gaza crossing for two days to limited traffic
- EUROPEEU urged to stop differentiating between terror groups
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTIranians mark anniversary of 1979 Islamic revolution holding 'Death to America, Israel' signs
- 2TURKEYIran cites Turkey as priority, proposes new economic plan
- 3EUROPETurkey bans 'Pro-Russian' Bulgarian politicians
- 4MIDDLE EASTAshrawi: “The Palestinian question needs unity, Palestinians need hope”
- 5AMERICASSanders condemns Kissinger’s actions in Cambodia