Iranian parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani met with his Syrian counterpart, Mohammad Jahad Alham in Tehran, IRIB News reported.
During the meeting Larijani noted that Iran, under any circumstances would be supportive of Syria.
Larijani noted that because of international oppression and rapacious powers of some regional countries, the current situation in Syria exists.
Iranian speaker said that due to endurance and perseverance, Syrian government and people would prevail.
Mohammad Jahad Alham, who arrived in Iran yesterday in his turn thanked
Iran for its support during hard times in Syria, and said that Syrian people and government are ready to use all their options and opportunities.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than two years.
According to the UN, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 70,000 with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
- TURKEYUS Embassy, EU ambassador extends condolences to murdered Elçi, policeman
- TURKEYElçi echoed peace calls moments before his death
- TURKEYGun found by Elçi used in attack on policemen: Turkish PM
- EUROPEEU, Turkey hold summit to address migration crisis
- AFRICAPope visits CAR with hopes of peace, reconciliation
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident
- 5TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkeys resolve against PKK