Iranian parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani met with his Syrian counterpart, Mohammad Jahad Alham in Tehran, IRIB News reported.
During the meeting Larijani noted that Iran, under any circumstances would be supportive of Syria.
Larijani noted that because of international oppression and rapacious powers of some regional countries, the current situation in Syria exists.
Iranian speaker said that due to endurance and perseverance, Syrian government and people would prevail.
Mohammad Jahad Alham, who arrived in Iran yesterday in his turn thanked
Iran for its support during hard times in Syria, and said that Syrian people and government are ready to use all their options and opportunities.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than two years.
According to the UN, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 70,000 with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
- ANKARA BLASTSTwin explosions rock Turkeys capital
- ANKARA BLASTSProf. İhsan Bal: Deadly twin bomb attacks in Ankara harken back to 1970s Turkey
- ANKARA BLASTSTerror can never win, Turkish parliament speaker says
- ANKARA BLASTSAt least 30 killed in blasts at Ankara train station
- ANKARA BLASTSAt least 20 killed in twin blast in Turkey's Ankara ahead of rally: Report
Most Viewed News