A 17-year-old Palestinian was killed Wednesday night in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint outside the northern West Bank city of Tulkarm, according to witnesses, DPA reported.
The witnesses said Amer Nasser, from the town of Anabta, was killed when soldiers opened fire at stone-throwing youths.
They said the soldiers held the body and would not allow Palestinian medics to reach it.
Medics at Tulkarm hospital said another 18-year-old Palestinian was brought in with bullet wounds to the arm.
Clashes had broken out Wednesday in parts of the West Bank during protests over the death of a Palestinian prisoner on Tuesday in an Israeli jail.
Many Palestinians were hurt in the clashes, with one reported in serious condition after being struck in the face by a tear gas canister in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish citizens targeted in Russia, says embassy
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPutin approves economic sanctions against Turkey
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGUS contradicts Putin on sharing downed jet's flght info
- ASIAChina: 5-year aim for pollutant emissions reduction met
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey received Russian pilot’s body, says PM
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident
- 5TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkey’s resolve against PKK