A 17-year-old Palestinian was killed Wednesday night in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint outside the northern West Bank city of Tulkarm, according to witnesses, DPA reported.
The witnesses said Amer Nasser, from the town of Anabta, was killed when soldiers opened fire at stone-throwing youths.
They said the soldiers held the body and would not allow Palestinian medics to reach it.
Medics at Tulkarm hospital said another 18-year-old Palestinian was brought in with bullet wounds to the arm.
Clashes had broken out Wednesday in parts of the West Bank during protests over the death of a Palestinian prisoner on Tuesday in an Israeli jail.
Many Palestinians were hurt in the clashes, with one reported in serious condition after being struck in the face by a tear gas canister in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
Most Viewed News
- 1INTERVIEWSProf. Ýhsan Bal: “Ankara bombing should have been prevented”
- 2MIDDLE EASTNorthern Iraq unrest hinges on presidency’s fate: expert
- 3MIDDLE EASTGermany treating peshmerga hurt in fight against Daesh
- 4ANKARA BLASTSAnti-gov't protests erupt as Turkey mourns bombing victims
- 5EUROPEGermany: Merkel defends refugee policy amid discontent