A 17-year-old Palestinian was killed Wednesday night in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint outside the northern West Bank city of Tulkarm, according to witnesses, DPA reported.
The witnesses said Amer Nasser, from the town of Anabta, was killed when soldiers opened fire at stone-throwing youths.
They said the soldiers held the body and would not allow Palestinian medics to reach it.
Medics at Tulkarm hospital said another 18-year-old Palestinian was brought in with bullet wounds to the arm.
Clashes had broken out Wednesday in parts of the West Bank during protests over the death of a Palestinian prisoner on Tuesday in an Israeli jail.
Many Palestinians were hurt in the clashes, with one reported in serious condition after being struck in the face by a tear gas canister in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News