A 17-year-old Palestinian was killed Wednesday night in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint outside the northern West Bank city of Tulkarm, according to witnesses, DPA reported.
The witnesses said Amer Nasser, from the town of Anabta, was killed when soldiers opened fire at stone-throwing youths.
They said the soldiers held the body and would not allow Palestinian medics to reach it.
Medics at Tulkarm hospital said another 18-year-old Palestinian was brought in with bullet wounds to the arm.
Clashes had broken out Wednesday in parts of the West Bank during protests over the death of a Palestinian prisoner on Tuesday in an Israeli jail.
Many Palestinians were hurt in the clashes, with one reported in serious condition after being struck in the face by a tear gas canister in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
- ECONOMYExperts warn of abuse of bankruptcy suspension condition as applications soar in Turkey
- TURKEYTurkey and Russia can’t sacrifice each other, says gov’t spokesman
- TURKEYMysterious ‘fashion critic’ in Turkey’s parliament baffles lawmakers
- TURKEYAnkara slams French police violence, Western media over reform protests
- TURKEYTurkey’s appeals court head rejects criticism over joining president’s visit
Most Viewed News