A 17-year-old Palestinian was killed Wednesday night in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint outside the northern West Bank city of Tulkarm, according to witnesses, DPA reported.
The witnesses said Amer Nasser, from the town of Anabta, was killed when soldiers opened fire at stone-throwing youths.
They said the soldiers held the body and would not allow Palestinian medics to reach it.
Medics at Tulkarm hospital said another 18-year-old Palestinian was brought in with bullet wounds to the arm.
Clashes had broken out Wednesday in parts of the West Bank during protests over the death of a Palestinian prisoner on Tuesday in an Israeli jail.
Many Palestinians were hurt in the clashes, with one reported in serious condition after being struck in the face by a tear gas canister in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
- WORLDUN Security Council to Meet over North Korea Rocket Launch
- EUROPEAustria Wants EUR 600 M from EU to Cover Extra 2015 Asylum Costs
- AMERICASColombia: 3,100 Known Zika Cases in Pregnant Women
- EUROPEBulgaria's Growth to Fall in 2016, EU Says
- MIDDLE EASTIraq's Prime Minister Rejects Baghdad Wall Plans
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkish President angry with US visit to PYD ‘terrorists’
- 2TURKEYErdogan: U.S. should choose between Turkey, Syrian Kurds
- 3TURKEYTurkey had to take in 3 million migrants: Deputy PM
- 4AMERICASUS: Rubio overshadows Trump in Republican debate
- 5EUROPEPrague Refugee Center Fire-Bombed After Anti-Muslim Protests