Xi Jinping was formally elected as China's new president
China's Parliament formally elected the country's new President as Xi Jinping on Wednesday.
Xi was also named as the leader of the Central Military Commission, the top military body in China.
Moreover, member of the Central Politburo of the Communist Party of China, Li Yuanchao was was elected as the Vice President.
- WORLDOlympic flame comes to Switzerland
- EUROPETurkish kebab restaurant owner in Portugal becomes famous after mob
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism revenue drops 16.5 percent in first quarter
- ECONOMYMagazine names Turkey’s ‘most popular’ companies
- ENERGYTurkish energy minister calls for environmentalist groups to protest Armenian nuclear plant
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina on the road to “New Economy”: First impressions
- 2TURKEYSuicide bomb attack in Turkey's Bursa wounds 13
- 3MIDDLE EASTOpposition loses 4 towns to Daesh in Syria: US
- 4TURKEYTurkish PM rules out removing secularism from constitution
- 5EUROPEEU’s executive arm: Real litmus test for Turkey are accession negotiations