Turkish IHH humanitarian aid organization and Qatari RAF foundation jointly sent 450 tonnes of flour to Syria
ADANA -- Turkish humanitarian aid organization IHH and Qatari RAF foundation sent 18 trucks of flour which weighs 450 tones to Syria where a humanitarian crisis has been going on for almost two years.
IHH official Omer Kesmen told that they had sent more than 300 aid trucks loaded with food products to Syria in the last three months.
"According to official numbers death toll in Syria exceeded 70 thousand, of which 15 percent are children. As IHH organization we have been working in crisis zones for 20 years. I can say that the real number of deaths is a lot more than reported. People are massacred at bread queues. Syrian regime bombs residential areas. Thousands of rape incidents were reported. We wish our Syrian brothers to be free from massacres. We have been with Syrian people and will continue to act so" said Kesmen in his speech which he delivered at TUYAP International Exhibition and Congress Centre in Adana, a Turkish southern city where trucks would set out for Syria.
Kesmen stated that more than 6 million people had been displaced and added, "We have comprehended the scale of the crisis in Syria only after they demanded flour as an aid from us".
Qatari RAF Foundation official Mohammed S. Ibrahim told in his speech that Qatari people had always supported Syrian people since the start of crisis and said, "We are aware that this aid campaign won't be enough for Syrian people. Situation in Syria has come to a grave point. They need more help. As Qatari Muslims, we are always with Syrian people. When this crisis is over we will all together rebuild Syria."
After the speeches trucks loaded with flour set out for Syria. On their way to Syria trucks, 14 of which will pass through "Cilvegozu" and "Yayladagi" border gates in Hatay province south of Turkey, and the rest will go to Akcakale district of Sanliurfa, southern province of Turkey.
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia's Lavrov cancels Turkey visit
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPM: Turkey has right to take 'all kinds of measures'
- TURKEYA civilian killed at border post in southeast Turkey
- TURKEYTurkey: New cabinet offers changes for economy
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey summons Russian envoy over shot down warplane
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens