Two fire fighters were wounded while containing the fire.
The massive fire which broke out in a market place in the Turkish capital Ankara on Tuesday night burnt down the stores.
Ankara Fire Department said on Wednesday that fire fighters took the fire under control at 3 a.m. and it was extinguished completely at 4 a.m..
The department said two fire fighters were wounded while containing the fire.
An investigation into what caused the fire has been launched. The fire destroyed the market place making it unavailable to public.
- EUROPESuspected jihadist will not recover Swiss passport
- EUROPECriminal foreigners vote ‘will not affect asylum seekers’
- EUROPEManufacturing ‘shifting out of Switzerland’
- WORLDEx-FIFA Secretary General Valcke handed 12-year ban
- ECONOMYIran to fulfill arbitration decision on gas discount: Senior official
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTIranians mark anniversary of 1979 Islamic revolution holding 'Death to America, Israel' signs
- 2TURKEYIran cites Turkey as priority, proposes new economic plan
- 3MIDDLE EASTAshrawi: “The Palestinian question needs unity, Palestinians need hope”
- 4EUROPETurkey bans 'Pro-Russian' Bulgarian politicians
- 5MIDDLE EASTRussia cultivating Iraq market for jets, military hardware