Two fire fighters were wounded while containing the fire.
The massive fire which broke out in a market place in the Turkish capital Ankara on Tuesday night burnt down the stores.
Ankara Fire Department said on Wednesday that fire fighters took the fire under control at 3 a.m. and it was extinguished completely at 4 a.m..
The department said two fire fighters were wounded while containing the fire.
An investigation into what caused the fire has been launched. The fire destroyed the market place making it unavailable to public.
- ASIAROC commits to providing humanitarian aid
- ASIAUN chief calls for stronger cooperation from Southeast Asian countries to tackle global crises
- ASIAPM condemns attack on Akram Durrani's convoy
- ASIAUN urges concerted action to create world where women, girls live free from violence
- ASIAPakistan urges humanitarian approachto resolve refugee crisis;Denialof asylum toMuslims morallywrong
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 3ASIAChina urges coordination after Turkey downs Russian jet
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border