Turkish foreign minister met Mali's religious affairs minister
ANKARA -- Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Tuesday met with Malian Religious Affairs and Faith Minister Yacouba Traore in the Turkish capital, Ankara.
After the behind-closed-doors meeting, Turkish diplomatic sources said the Malian minister briefed Davutoglu over the latest developments in Mali and efforts to restore stability in the country.
Sources said Davutoglu had conveyed Turkey's position and expectations regarding the situation in Mali, and he underlined the importance Turkey attached to efforts to maintain peace and security in the African country.
Sources said Traore praised Turkey's constructive role in efforts to solve problems in Africa and he described Turkey as "a model country" for Mali.
- MIDDLE EASTCarter: U.S. refuses to cooperate militarily with Russia in Syria
- MIDDLE EASTRussian warships hit IS targets in Syria
- TURKEYRussia to 'think twice' about entering Turkey's airspace
- TURKEYRussia striking moderates in Syria, says Turkish PM
- TURKEYSeven police officers detained amid new evidence in Turkish-Armenian journalist murder case
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEKosovos diplomacy is failing; only two states have recognized the country in 9 months
- 2TURKEYTurkish defense firms deployed in Qatar for better trade
- 3TURKEYNATO, Russia face to face on Turkeys Syrian border
- 4TURKEYEU presents Turkey with plan to stem flow of refugees
- 5WORLDTurkish scientist among Nobel Prize chemistry laureates