Turkish foreign minister met Mali's religious affairs minister
ANKARA -- Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Tuesday met with Malian Religious Affairs and Faith Minister Yacouba Traore in the Turkish capital, Ankara.
After the behind-closed-doors meeting, Turkish diplomatic sources said the Malian minister briefed Davutoglu over the latest developments in Mali and efforts to restore stability in the country.
Sources said Davutoglu had conveyed Turkey's position and expectations regarding the situation in Mali, and he underlined the importance Turkey attached to efforts to maintain peace and security in the African country.
Sources said Traore praised Turkey's constructive role in efforts to solve problems in Africa and he described Turkey as "a model country" for Mali.
- MIDDLE EASTIsrael defies international law by holding bodies of slain Palestinians
- EUROPEBelgian security crackdown 'should not target Muslims'
- MIDDLE EASTSyria: Russian warplanes kill 11 civilians in Idlib
- ASIAReport: North Korean sub missile launch 'fails'
- EUROPESpanish police arrest three in connection with Daesh
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident
- 5TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkeys resolve against PKK