At least two civilians were killed and 24 others were wounded Tuesday when a car rigged with explosives went off in the eastern province of Diayala, a police official said.
BAGHDAD -- At least two civilians were killed and 24 others were wounded Tuesday when a car rigged with explosives went off in the eastern province of Diayala, a police official said.
The explosion occurred at a parking area near a soccer field in the city of Han Beni Sa'd while a game was being played.
The police official said two suspects were detained, adding that some of the wounded were in critical condition.
- EUROPEFrench FM says can work with Syrian regime forces after transition
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdođan warns Russia ‘not to play with fire’
- MIDDLE EASTErdođan and Putin may meet in Paris, but not yet scheduled: Turkish presidency
- AFRICAMore than one million children need urgent aid in the conflict-torn Central African Republic: UN
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism sector fears continued losses amid Russia crisis
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGDavutoglu: Partners must unite with Turkey against Daesh
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish president speaks to CNN International