Magomed Biyarslanov, a teacher with an Islamic school, was killed in the village of Gubden, Karabudakhkentsky district of Dagestan, the press service for Dagestan's Interior Ministry told Interfax.
"The teacher was shot and killed near his house," the press service reported. The Investigations Committee's investigations department for Dagestan reported that a criminal case has been opened based on Articles 105 of the Russian Criminal Code (murder) and Article 222 of the Russian Criminal Code (illegal weapons turnover).
"Biyarslanov was shot and killed with a pistol. He was shot eight times in the chest. A group of investigators are working at the scene," the source said.
Voice of Russia, Interfax
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPETurkish coast guards detain 752 asylum seekers
- 2EUROPEChina to invest 1,72 billion USD for the construction of a highway between Montenegro and Albania
- 3TURKEYEU, Turkey agree on refugee action plan
- 4MIDDLE EASTRussian airstrikes targeting Turkmen in Syria: Commander
- 5TURKEYEU urges Turkey to 'restart' solution process