Magomed Biyarslanov, a teacher with an Islamic school, was killed in the village of Gubden, Karabudakhkentsky district of Dagestan, the press service for Dagestan's Interior Ministry told Interfax.
"The teacher was shot and killed near his house," the press service reported. The Investigations Committee's investigations department for Dagestan reported that a criminal case has been opened based on Articles 105 of the Russian Criminal Code (murder) and Article 222 of the Russian Criminal Code (illegal weapons turnover).
"Biyarslanov was shot and killed with a pistol. He was shot eight times in the chest. A group of investigators are working at the scene," the source said.
Voice of Russia, Interfax
- TURKEYTurkey strikes Daesh in Syria over cross-border rockets
- TURKEYTurkey's consumer prices rise by 0.78 in April
- MIDDLE EASTTurkey, US discuss Syria before UN talks
- EUROPETurkish exchange student sexually assaulted in Vienna
- TURKEYTwo rocket projectiles from Syria hit Turkey’s Kilis, injuries reported
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYEU-Turkey migrant deal is ‘necessary,’ says Hungary’s Orban
- 2TURKEYThousands mark International Workers’ Day in Turkey amidst heavy security
- 3ASIAMyanmar boat disaster victims Muslim, but which ones?
- 4TURKEYLast two days for historic Turkey-EU visa accord
- 5TURKEYParliament leaves EU deal votes to last day