Magomed Biyarslanov, a teacher with an Islamic school, was killed in the village of Gubden, Karabudakhkentsky district of Dagestan, the press service for Dagestan's Interior Ministry told Interfax.
"The teacher was shot and killed near his house," the press service reported. The Investigations Committee's investigations department for Dagestan reported that a criminal case has been opened based on Articles 105 of the Russian Criminal Code (murder) and Article 222 of the Russian Criminal Code (illegal weapons turnover).
"Biyarslanov was shot and killed with a pistol. He was shot eight times in the chest. A group of investigators are working at the scene," the source said.
Voice of Russia, Interfax
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYThe social impact of Syrian women as a second wives in Turkey
- 2TURKEYErdogan warns Russia against losing 'friend like Turkey'
- 3EUROPE3 million more refugees if Assad wins: EU's Tusk
- 4EURASIAHint Russia may work with OPEC sends oil prices soaring
- 5PKK ATTACKSNext in Turkey’s curfew dilemma: Nusaybin