His excellencies, Assoc. Prof Milan Jazbec, the Ambassador of the Republic of Slovenia to Turkey, has visited USAK for the seventh round of “The Balkans in the 21st Century and Diplomacy" conference series. Throughout his comprehensive speech, Jazbec has given detailed information about Slovenia and its remarkable journey in multilateral institutions. Noting Slovenia’s relatively young history, the Ambassador recounted the countless diplomatic experiences the country has undergone over the past 20 years and its remarkable achievements in multilateral institutions.
Underlining the importance of multilateralism in Slovene Foreign Policy, the Ambassador provided a succinct evaluation of Slovene diplomatic efforts in institutions such as the UN Security Council, NATO and EU. The Ambassador also gave his analysis of the departmental structure of the Slovene Ministry of Foreign Affairs and how it has contributed to Slovenia’s unique diplomatic history.
In its short history the Republic of Slovenia has headed several and diverse projects such as the presidency of the European Union and membership of the United Nations Security Council. In the question and answers session, the Ambassador also touched upon the role of multilateralism in the Balkans and how it can lead to a more integrated region.
By Burç Köstem
7th round of USAK seminar series “The Balkans in the 21st Century” held with the participation of H.E. Prof Milan JAZBEC, Ambassador of Slovenia
March 4, 2013
- MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces intensify shelling of Turkmen regions
- WORLDCameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia expects high level apology from Turkey, mulls economic sanctions
- ASIAChina urges U.S., Japan not to flex muscles on South China Sea
- ASIAChina pushes for deeper engagement with Africa
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama backs Turkish self-defense in row with Russia, urges calm
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet