His excellencies, Assoc. Prof Milan Jazbec, the Ambassador of the Republic of Slovenia to Turkey, has visited USAK for the seventh round of “The Balkans in the 21st Century and Diplomacy" conference series. Throughout his comprehensive speech, Jazbec has given detailed information about Slovenia and its remarkable journey in multilateral institutions. Noting Slovenia’s relatively young history, the Ambassador recounted the countless diplomatic experiences the country has undergone over the past 20 years and its remarkable achievements in multilateral institutions.
Underlining the importance of multilateralism in Slovene Foreign Policy, the Ambassador provided a succinct evaluation of Slovene diplomatic efforts in institutions such as the UN Security Council, NATO and EU. The Ambassador also gave his analysis of the departmental structure of the Slovene Ministry of Foreign Affairs and how it has contributed to Slovenia’s unique diplomatic history.
In its short history the Republic of Slovenia has headed several and diverse projects such as the presidency of the European Union and membership of the United Nations Security Council. In the question and answers session, the Ambassador also touched upon the role of multilateralism in the Balkans and how it can lead to a more integrated region.
By Burç Köstem
7th round of USAK seminar series “The Balkans in the 21st Century” held with the participation of H.E. Prof Milan JAZBEC, Ambassador of Slovenia
March 4, 2013
- WORLDUN Security Council to Meet over North Korea Rocket Launch
- EUROPEAustria Wants EUR 600 M from EU to Cover Extra 2015 Asylum Costs
- AMERICASColombia: 3,100 Known Zika Cases in Pregnant Women
- EUROPEBulgaria's Growth to Fall in 2016, EU Says
- MIDDLE EASTIraq's Prime Minister Rejects Baghdad Wall Plans
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkish President angry with US visit to PYD ‘terrorists’
- 2TURKEYErdogan: U.S. should choose between Turkey, Syrian Kurds
- 3TURKEYTurkey had to take in 3 million migrants: Deputy PM
- 4AMERICASUS: Rubio overshadows Trump in Republican debate
- 5EUROPEPrague Refugee Center Fire-Bombed After Anti-Muslim Protests