Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization accused Israel with stealing Arabic and Islamic cultural heritage in Jerusalem
JERUSALEM -- Al-Aqsa Foundation and Cultural Heritage Organization in Jerusalem stated, "Israel is stealing the Arabic and Islamic cultural heritage in Jerusalem in the name of urban transformation."
A statement released by Al-Aqsa Foundation demanded UNESCO and other international institutions to make solid steps to stop smuggling of historical artifacts by Israel and said, "Jerusalem as a whole and especially eastern Jerusalem and the area surrounding al-Masjid al-Aqsa is exposed to the attacks of Israel on Islamic and Arabic artifacts. Israel is stealing the Arabic and Islamic cultural heritage in Jerusalem in the name of urban transformation."
Israel had stolen a stone considered a historical artifact and took it to the Rockfeller museum where the Arabic texture was erased and the artifact was shown as if it belonged to the Jews, was told in the statement.
Manager of Al-Aqsa Foundation Nacih Bukeyrat said, "In order to understand the smuggling of historical artifacts by Israel it is enough to look at the roads that end up at the Wailing wall and the Wailing Wall square."
- ASIAChina criticizes Philippines over South China Sea arbitration
- ASIAChina, Poland pledge to boost strategic partnership
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey has no intention to escalate tension with Russia: president
- EUROPEEU calls on Russia to join fight against Daesh
- EUROPEUkraine closes airspace to Russian planes
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 3EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens