Number of casualties rises to 10
HATAY -- The number of casualties at the blast in Cilvegozu Border Gate on Monday rose to 10.
The bodies of two Turks and three Syrians were brought to the Reyhanli State Hospital as sources said that the number of casualties rose to 10.
Around 50 individuals were reported to have been wounded in the blast.
Wounded individuals are receiving medical treatment at the Reyhanli State Hospital.
Meanwhile, the Governor of the southern province of Hatay, Mehmet Celalettin Lekesiz arrived at the scene of the blast to receive information.
The blast happened in a vehicle with a Syrian license plate.
Turkish PM Erdogan receives information on the blast from Interior Minister Guler
ANKARA -- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday received information from Turkish Interior Minister Muammer Guler on a blast that took place at the Cilvegozu Border Gate in southern province of Hatay at the Syrian border which killed at least five people and wounded dozens.
Turkish Prime Ministry sources said that Erdogan was closely monitoring the developments at the Cilvegozu Border Gate.
"We received information about death of 8 people due to the blast", said Regional Director of Dept. of Customs and Trade of Eastern Mediterranean
HATAY -- Regional Director of the Department of Customs and Trade of Eastern Mediterranean, Adnan Korkmaz said on Monday that they received information about the death of 8 people due to the blast which took place at the Cilvegozu Border Gate earlier in the day.
Adnan Korkmaz stated that he was on his way to the Cilvegozu Border Gate and that the blast happened in a car parked at the Cilvegozu Border Gate.
According to Korkmaz, the blast took place in a vehicle with Syrian license plate.
"We received information that 8 people died due to the blast, 5 of them at the site of the blast. There is a high number of wounded people. Three of our colleagues were affected by the blast. There has been material damage at the site as well," Korkmaz indicated.
"The area where the blast took place is used to load aid materials to Syrian vehicles. The area has been rather very crowded in the past few days," Korkmaz added.
- ECONOMYTurkish bus company plans production in US
- ENERGY53 percent of Turks take no energy efficiency steps to reduce winter bills: Survey
- TURKEYSyrian forces near Turkish border, as around 30,000 Syrians mass at border
- MIDDLE EASTWest to blame for migrant crisis: US rights group
- TURKEYAKP moves to nominate Turkish town hosting Syrians for Nobel Prize
Most Viewed News