Last year was one of the most important in the expansion of relations between NATO and Azerbaijan, Ambassador of Romania to Azerbaijan Daniel Cristian Ciobanu said at the forum of Integration of Azerbaijan Youth to Europe Organisation (AGAT).
Ciobanu reminded the audience that the visit of NATO Secretary General to Azerbaijan took place last year and participation of Azerbaijani senior officials is expected at the NATO summit to be held in Chicago in May.
All these facts indicate the presence of a high level of cooperation between NATO and Azerbaijan, the ambassador said.
Ciobanu noted that special attention should be given to the prevention of threats that might face the countries of Europe, South Caucasus and Caspian region, such as terrorism and security of energy production and transportation.
"There are many issues that need to be addressed in the collaborative approach. NATO attaches great value to Azerbaijan's contribution in this field. As is known, Azerbaijan is involved in operations in Afghanistan, not only through its military forces, but also providing its space for the coalition's cargo transits which is highly appreciated by NATO," Ciobanu said.
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTSyria air campaign raises questions about Russian capabilities
- 2TURKEYErdogan: Russian bombs in Syria hit moderate opposition
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian government forces reportedly gearing up for ground offensive
- 4TURKEYIranian intelligence helps in release of Turkish workers in Iraq
- 5ASIASKorean ‘mafia member’ deported from Philippines