Last year was one of the most important in the expansion of relations between NATO and Azerbaijan, Ambassador of Romania to Azerbaijan Daniel Cristian Ciobanu said at the forum of Integration of Azerbaijan Youth to Europe Organisation (AGAT).
Ciobanu reminded the audience that the visit of NATO Secretary General to Azerbaijan took place last year and participation of Azerbaijani senior officials is expected at the NATO summit to be held in Chicago in May.
All these facts indicate the presence of a high level of cooperation between NATO and Azerbaijan, the ambassador said.
Ciobanu noted that special attention should be given to the prevention of threats that might face the countries of Europe, South Caucasus and Caspian region, such as terrorism and security of energy production and transportation.
"There are many issues that need to be addressed in the collaborative approach. NATO attaches great value to Azerbaijan's contribution in this field. As is known, Azerbaijan is involved in operations in Afghanistan, not only through its military forces, but also providing its space for the coalition's cargo transits which is highly appreciated by NATO," Ciobanu said.
- TURKEYUS Embassy, EU ambassador extends condolences to murdered Elçi, policeman
- TURKEYElçi echoed peace calls moments before his death
- TURKEYGun found by Elçi used in attack on policemen: Turkish PM
- EUROPEEU, Turkey hold summit to address migration crisis
- AFRICAPope visits CAR with hopes of peace, reconciliation
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident
- 5TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkeys resolve against PKK