Last year was one of the most important in the expansion of relations between NATO and Azerbaijan, Ambassador of Romania to Azerbaijan Daniel Cristian Ciobanu said at the forum of Integration of Azerbaijan Youth to Europe Organisation (AGAT).
Ciobanu reminded the audience that the visit of NATO Secretary General to Azerbaijan took place last year and participation of Azerbaijani senior officials is expected at the NATO summit to be held in Chicago in May.
All these facts indicate the presence of a high level of cooperation between NATO and Azerbaijan, the ambassador said.
Ciobanu noted that special attention should be given to the prevention of threats that might face the countries of Europe, South Caucasus and Caspian region, such as terrorism and security of energy production and transportation.
"There are many issues that need to be addressed in the collaborative approach. NATO attaches great value to Azerbaijan's contribution in this field. As is known, Azerbaijan is involved in operations in Afghanistan, not only through its military forces, but also providing its space for the coalition's cargo transits which is highly appreciated by NATO," Ciobanu said.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News