Syrian soldiers including a general crossed into Turkey together with their families.
HATAY -- Fleeing the violence in their country, 3,800 more Syrians entered to Turkey in the past three days, seeking shelter from the civil war which killed over 40 thousand people.
The Syrians from the cities of Hama, Homs, Idlib, Latakia and Aleppo crossed the border at the Cilvegozu border gate.
Separately, ten Syrian soldiers including a general, three colonels, a lieutenant colonel and a major, defected the army and crossed into Turkey on Tuesday together with their families.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEEU's Unanimous Recognition of Kosovo to Normalise Relations with Serbia – MEPs
- 2TURKEYTurkish gov’t reveals much-vaunted ‘action plan’ to resolve Kurdish issue
- 3MIDDLE EASTUS calls for immediate halt to Russian airstrikes in Syria
- 4TURKEYEU to Ankara: You must help refugees
- 5TURKEYTurkish military launches large air campaign on PKK targets in northern Iraq