Syrian soldiers including a general crossed into Turkey together with their families.
HATAY -- Fleeing the violence in their country, 3,800 more Syrians entered to Turkey in the past three days, seeking shelter from the civil war which killed over 40 thousand people.
The Syrians from the cities of Hama, Homs, Idlib, Latakia and Aleppo crossed the border at the Cilvegozu border gate.
Separately, ten Syrian soldiers including a general, three colonels, a lieutenant colonel and a major, defected the army and crossed into Turkey on Tuesday together with their families.
- WORLDUS puts Switzerland on copyright watch list
- EUROPEPolice arrest four for corruption at migration office
- ECONOMYColombian minister proposes ending Novartis patent
- AMERICASEx-US speaker Hastert sentenced to 15 months
- ECONOMYForeign tourists visiting Turkey see sharpest drop in March since October 2006
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYSuicide bomb attack in Turkey's Bursa wounds 13
- 2TURKEYTurkish PM rules out removing secularism from constitution
- 3WORLDUS puts Switzerland on copyright watch list
- 4EUROPEEU’s executive arm: Real litmus test for Turkey are accession negotiations
- 5MIDDLE EASTOpposition loses 4 towns to Daesh in Syria: US