High-ranking sources in Turkey's Foreign Ministry have denied reports that have surfaced on Dec. 31 that claimed four Turkish pilots were arrested while trying to infiltrate into Syrian military airport.
The Turkish General Staff has also denied the claims in a statement on its official website.
SFour Turkish pilots have been caught trying to sneak onto a military airport near Aleppo, Syrian daily Al-Watan has reported, according to official Russian news agency RIA.
The pilots reportedly reached the area together with a Syrian opposition group.
Report further claimed that airport security noticed the group and arrested the four Turkish pilots, whose identities remain unknown.
- EUROPEAuthor remembers D-Day’s 'forgotten' African-American heroes
- EUROPEEU demands Greece remedy deficiencies of border control
- EUROPERussia bristles at NATO expansion in Eastern Europe
- EUROPEKerry reaffirms US support for Europe on Ukraine, refugees
- ASIAPakistan denies claims of boosting nuclear arsenal
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTIranians mark anniversary of 1979 Islamic revolution holding 'Death to America, Israel' signs
- 2TURKEYIran cites Turkey as priority, proposes new economic plan
- 3EUROPETurkey bans 'Pro-Russian' Bulgarian politicians
- 4MIDDLE EASTAshrawi: “The Palestinian question needs unity, Palestinians need hope”
- 5TURKEYTurkey, Iran to boost dialogue says diplomat