High-ranking sources in Turkey's Foreign Ministry have denied reports that have surfaced on Dec. 31 that claimed four Turkish pilots were arrested while trying to infiltrate into Syrian military airport.
The Turkish General Staff has also denied the claims in a statement on its official website.
SFour Turkish pilots have been caught trying to sneak onto a military airport near Aleppo, Syrian daily Al-Watan has reported, according to official Russian news agency RIA.
The pilots reportedly reached the area together with a Syrian opposition group.
Report further claimed that airport security noticed the group and arrested the four Turkish pilots, whose identities remain unknown.
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGForeign Ministry summons Russian envoy over attacks on Turkish missions in Moscow
- TURKEYTwo journalists arrested for story on intelligence trucks bound for Syria
- EUROPEKosovo opposition urges all Albanians to join rally
- EUROPESerbia’s ‘Institutional Chaos’ Deters Investors
- EUROPEBosnia authorities investigate jihadist website
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 2MIDDLE EASTSyrian Turkmen facing 'critical' period in battle
- 3ASIAChina urges coordination after Turkey downs Russian jet
- 4EUROPEFrance to send 300 special forces to Congo
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGDutch PM backs Turkey’s account warplane incident