Commander of FSA's military operations in southern region said they did not see any of Al-Nusra Front acts to be counted as a terror attack.
AMMAN -- Brigadier Colonel Yasser al-Abboud has referred to the Syrian militant group Al-Nusra Front's branding as a foreign terrorist organization by the U.S. and called the decision "unacceptable" and "dangerous".
Brigadier Colonel Abboud, the commander of the Free Syrian Army's military operations in the southern region, spoke to AA about the branding of Syrian militant group Al-Nusra Front which fights against Al-Assad's regime by the U.S. as a terrorist organization and said, "That is such a dangerous imputation. So far, we did not see any of their acts to be counted as a terror attack. They are brave soldiers who fight against the gang in the administration."
On Thursday, Al-Nusra Front claimed that they undertake the responsibility of the blast which occurred in front of the Syrian Interior Ministry, in Syrian capital Damascus. At the blast, 7 people lost their lives and 41 others were wounded.
A few days ago, the U.S. Department of State made a statement that they took Al-Nusra Front into their "Foreign terror organizations list" and put forward that the group was related with the Al-Qaeda in Iraq.
- ASIAMay 28 nuke tests reinforced power equilibrium in South Asia
- ASIAIts our responsibility to have full preparedness to protect Pakistan from external threats: PM
- ASIANew Southbound Policy opens doors for Taiwan firms
- AMERICASWHO urged to consider moving Rio Olympics because of Zika
- ASIAWorld needs Roadmap on green economy development - Kazakh President
Most Viewed News