Commander of FSA's military operations in southern region said they did not see any of Al-Nusra Front acts to be counted as a terror attack.
AMMAN -- Brigadier Colonel Yasser al-Abboud has referred to the Syrian militant group Al-Nusra Front's branding as a foreign terrorist organization by the U.S. and called the decision "unacceptable" and "dangerous".
Brigadier Colonel Abboud, the commander of the Free Syrian Army's military operations in the southern region, spoke to AA about the branding of Syrian militant group Al-Nusra Front which fights against Al-Assad's regime by the U.S. as a terrorist organization and said, "That is such a dangerous imputation. So far, we did not see any of their acts to be counted as a terror attack. They are brave soldiers who fight against the gang in the administration."
On Thursday, Al-Nusra Front claimed that they undertake the responsibility of the blast which occurred in front of the Syrian Interior Ministry, in Syrian capital Damascus. At the blast, 7 people lost their lives and 41 others were wounded.
A few days ago, the U.S. Department of State made a statement that they took Al-Nusra Front into their "Foreign terror organizations list" and put forward that the group was related with the Al-Qaeda in Iraq.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- 2EURASIARussia: Continuation of commercial and economic cooperation with Turkey
- 3AMERICASClinton selected Virginia senator as her running mate
- 4TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
- 5TURKEYMore than 8,000 people including judiciary members, soldiers, police officers and civil servants, have been arrested