Russian President Vladimir Putin is the world’s third most powerful person, Forbes magazine reported on Wednesday.
According to the 2012 ranking of the world’s most powerful people according to Forbes that the magazine published on Wednesday, US President Barack Obama tops the list for a second year in a row.
The American leader is followed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Third place went to Putin, who had been second on Forbes’ 2011 most powerful list.
This year’s 71-person list also features Microsoft founder Bill Gates (#4), Pope Benedict XVI (#5), Chinese Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping (#9), British Prime Minister David Cameron (#10), Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (#25), UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (#30) and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez (#48).
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYThe social impact of Syrian women as a second wives in Turkey
- 2TURKEYErdogan warns Russia against losing 'friend like Turkey'
- 3EUROPE3 million more refugees if Assad wins: EU's Tusk
- 4EURASIAHint Russia may work with OPEC sends oil prices soaring
- 5MIDDLE EAST‘Perfect weather for bombing,’ says Russian weathergirl about Syria