Russian President Vladimir Putin is the world’s third most powerful person, Forbes magazine reported on Wednesday.
According to the 2012 ranking of the world’s most powerful people according to Forbes that the magazine published on Wednesday, US President Barack Obama tops the list for a second year in a row.
The American leader is followed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Third place went to Putin, who had been second on Forbes’ 2011 most powerful list.
This year’s 71-person list also features Microsoft founder Bill Gates (#4), Pope Benedict XVI (#5), Chinese Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping (#9), British Prime Minister David Cameron (#10), Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (#25), UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (#30) and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez (#48).
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News