Russian President Vladimir Putin is the world’s third most powerful person, Forbes magazine reported on Wednesday.
According to the 2012 ranking of the world’s most powerful people according to Forbes that the magazine published on Wednesday, US President Barack Obama tops the list for a second year in a row.
The American leader is followed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Third place went to Putin, who had been second on Forbes’ 2011 most powerful list.
This year’s 71-person list also features Microsoft founder Bill Gates (#4), Pope Benedict XVI (#5), Chinese Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping (#9), British Prime Minister David Cameron (#10), Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (#25), UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (#30) and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez (#48).
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey’s Erdoðan asks UN: Are you mocking us?
- 2MIDDLE EASTAnalysis: Russia, US compete to ally with Kurds in ISIS fight
- 3TURKEYSyrian army gets closer to Turkish borders, advancing on 2 fronts
- 4MIDDLE EASTUS spy chief: Russia strengthened Assad negotiating power
- 5TURKEYTurkey summons US envoy over Washington's PYD remarks