According to the Kremlin’s Middle East envoy Mikhail Bogdanov, Russian emergency services have reserved several planes to evacuate Russian nationals from Syria.
These people are officials, engineers and Russian wives.
Mr Bogdanov advised Russians to postpone travel to Syria.
Syrian opposition set for Moscow talks
According to the Kremlin’s Middle East envoy Mikhail Bogdanov, in the period to the New Year Moscow will host several rounds of talks between Russian officials and foreign representatives of the internal Syria opposition.
The Russian side will try to persuade their factions to unite in accordance with the guidelines set at last June’s Geneva conference on Syria.
Last week, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov hosted a meeting with the chief diplomatic representative of the National Coordination Council of the Syrian opposition Heisam Manaa.
Militarization of Syria conflict in full swing - Russia's Deputy FM
Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister and Putin’s Middle East envoy Mikhail Bogdanov told reporters Monday that militarization of the Syrian conflict was in full swing.
He said belligerent opposition groups were receiving massive outside arms shipments, including deadly Stinger anti-aircraft missiles, despite the existing embargo.
“There has been a sweeping militarization [of the Syrian conflict], which is of course extremely disturbing because it doesn’t contribute to the peacemaking efforts that should encourage cooperation between all opposition groupings in order to reach an immediate, lasting and comprehensive ceasefire,” Mr. Bogdanov said.
*Voice of Russia, Interfax, TASS
- MIDDLE EASTIsrael defies international law by holding bodies of slain Palestinians
- EUROPEBelgian security crackdown 'should not target Muslims'
- MIDDLE EASTSyria: Russian warplanes kill 11 civilians in Idlib
- ASIAReport: North Korean sub missile launch 'fails'
- EUROPESpanish police arrest three in connection with Daesh
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 3EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 4TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkey’s resolve against PKK
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident