According to the Kremlin’s Middle East envoy Mikhail Bogdanov, Russian emergency services have reserved several planes to evacuate Russian nationals from Syria.
These people are officials, engineers and Russian wives.
Mr Bogdanov advised Russians to postpone travel to Syria.
Syrian opposition set for Moscow talks
According to the Kremlin’s Middle East envoy Mikhail Bogdanov, in the period to the New Year Moscow will host several rounds of talks between Russian officials and foreign representatives of the internal Syria opposition.
The Russian side will try to persuade their factions to unite in accordance with the guidelines set at last June’s Geneva conference on Syria.
Last week, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov hosted a meeting with the chief diplomatic representative of the National Coordination Council of the Syrian opposition Heisam Manaa.
Militarization of Syria conflict in full swing - Russia's Deputy FM
Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister and Putin’s Middle East envoy Mikhail Bogdanov told reporters Monday that militarization of the Syrian conflict was in full swing.
He said belligerent opposition groups were receiving massive outside arms shipments, including deadly Stinger anti-aircraft missiles, despite the existing embargo.
“There has been a sweeping militarization [of the Syrian conflict], which is of course extremely disturbing because it doesn’t contribute to the peacemaking efforts that should encourage cooperation between all opposition groupings in order to reach an immediate, lasting and comprehensive ceasefire,” Mr. Bogdanov said.
*Voice of Russia, Interfax, TASS
- WORLDUS puts Switzerland on copyright watch list
- EUROPEPolice arrest four for corruption at migration office
- ECONOMYColombian minister proposes ending Novartis patent
- AMERICASEx-US speaker Hastert sentenced to 15 months
- ECONOMYForeign tourists visiting Turkey see sharpest drop in March since October 2006
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYSuicide bomb attack in Turkey's Bursa wounds 13
- 2TURKEYTurkish PM rules out removing secularism from constitution
- 3WORLDUS puts Switzerland on copyright watch list
- 4EUROPEEU’s executive arm: Real litmus test for Turkey are accession negotiations
- 5MIDDLE EASTOpposition loses 4 towns to Daesh in Syria: US