Israeli satellites have spotted a ship in an Iranian port being loaded with rockets and other weapons, the British Sunday Times reports.
The military supplies appear to be intended for Gaza.
The ship was prepared for voyage last week, when a ceasefire deal was reached. An Israeli source told the Sunday Times that Israel will destroy any weapons en route to Gaza that it finds regardless of the ceasefire deal.
Iran openly supports the Hamas regime in Gaza, which openly strives to destroy Israel and to murder Israeli civilians.
Iran supported Gaza Strip against Israel
Iran has confirmed that it rendered military assistance to the Gaza Strip during the conflict with Israel. This information came from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s telephone conversation with the head of the Hamas government in the Gaza Strip Ismail Haniyeh.
Ahmadinejad congratulated the people of the Gaza Strip and the Palestinian resistance movement on their ‘great victory over the Israeli aggressor’.
Haniyeh thanked Iran for its support.
The Israeli military operation in response to the activities of Palestinian militants who fired at the southern regions of Israel from the territory of Gaza lasted for 8 days. Israel delivered about 1.500 air attacks against Hamas facilities.
150 Palestinians fell victim to the armed conflict. Six people were killed in Israel.
Iran supplies Fajr-5 missiles to Hamas - expert
Iran supplies the Fajr-5 missiles to the Hamas movement through the territory of Sudan and Egypt, the American television channel CNN reports referring to Matthew Levitt, expert of the Washington Institute.
According to him, the fact that Hamas possesses the Fajr-5 missiles represents a serious threat to Israel's population and is the main cause of the escalation of theGaza conflict.
Iran denies the delivery of the Fajr-5missile to the Gaza Strip.
*Voice of Russia, Haaretz, RIA, TASS, Interfax, AFP, Reuters
- EUROPEUN Chief Hits at Balkan Restrictions on Migrants
- EUROPERomania to pay Damages over 1989 protests
- EUROPEAlbania MPs to Vote on ‘Decriminalising Politics’
- EUROPEBiden Visit to Croatia Confirms US Engagement
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGAirplane crisis raising questions about future of close economic, trade ties between Russia and Turkey
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 3EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens