Israeli satellites have spotted a ship in an Iranian port being loaded with rockets and other weapons, the British Sunday Times reports.
The military supplies appear to be intended for Gaza.
The ship was prepared for voyage last week, when a ceasefire deal was reached. An Israeli source told the Sunday Times that Israel will destroy any weapons en route to Gaza that it finds regardless of the ceasefire deal.
Iran openly supports the Hamas regime in Gaza, which openly strives to destroy Israel and to murder Israeli civilians.
Iran supported Gaza Strip against Israel
Iran has confirmed that it rendered military assistance to the Gaza Strip during the conflict with Israel. This information came from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s telephone conversation with the head of the Hamas government in the Gaza Strip Ismail Haniyeh.
Ahmadinejad congratulated the people of the Gaza Strip and the Palestinian resistance movement on their ‘great victory over the Israeli aggressor’.
Haniyeh thanked Iran for its support.
The Israeli military operation in response to the activities of Palestinian militants who fired at the southern regions of Israel from the territory of Gaza lasted for 8 days. Israel delivered about 1.500 air attacks against Hamas facilities.
150 Palestinians fell victim to the armed conflict. Six people were killed in Israel.
Iran supplies Fajr-5 missiles to Hamas - expert
Iran supplies the Fajr-5 missiles to the Hamas movement through the territory of Sudan and Egypt, the American television channel CNN reports referring to Matthew Levitt, expert of the Washington Institute.
According to him, the fact that Hamas possesses the Fajr-5 missiles represents a serious threat to Israel's population and is the main cause of the escalation of theGaza conflict.
Iran denies the delivery of the Fajr-5missile to the Gaza Strip.
*Voice of Russia, Haaretz, RIA, TASS, Interfax, AFP, Reuters
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- 2EURASIARussia: Continuation of commercial and economic cooperation with Turkey
- 3TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
- 4AMERICASClinton selected Virginia senator as her running mate
- 5TURKEYMore than 8,000 people including judiciary members, soldiers, police officers and civil servants, have been arrested