Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday that NATO was getting prepared to defend all its members including Turkey.
Davutoglu, who is visiting Brussels, held a press conference.
Regarding some allegations that Turkey would buy Patriot missiles from NATO and NATO would deploy Patriot missiles on Syrian border in Turkey, Davutoglu said that NATO was obliged to defend all its members.
Davutoglu said even if Turkey did not have any demand, NATO was making its own preparations to defend all its members including Turkey.
Asked whether Patriot missiles have been discussed in consultations with NATO, he said it was normal to discuss every kind of defense measure that would be taken against every sort of risk.
Replying to a question on claims that weapons were carried to Yemen from Turkey, Davutoglu said that they were examining the issue, stating that no weapons were carried to any country from Turkey. Besides, it was out of question for Yemen, a friend of Turkey, he said.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYAnkara will no longer need US drones
- 2ECONOMYKazakhstan to maintain its leading position in uranium mining, Kanat Bozumbayev
- 3ECONOMYTurkey sees steepest decline in monthly foreign arrivals since May 1999
- 4MIDDLE EASTTurkish FM calls for pluralist new Syria
- 5EUROPECall for peace negotiations between the Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots