Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday that NATO was getting prepared to defend all its members including Turkey.
Davutoglu, who is visiting Brussels, held a press conference.
Regarding some allegations that Turkey would buy Patriot missiles from NATO and NATO would deploy Patriot missiles on Syrian border in Turkey, Davutoglu said that NATO was obliged to defend all its members.
Davutoglu said even if Turkey did not have any demand, NATO was making its own preparations to defend all its members including Turkey.
Asked whether Patriot missiles have been discussed in consultations with NATO, he said it was normal to discuss every kind of defense measure that would be taken against every sort of risk.
Replying to a question on claims that weapons were carried to Yemen from Turkey, Davutoglu said that they were examining the issue, stating that no weapons were carried to any country from Turkey. Besides, it was out of question for Yemen, a friend of Turkey, he said.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey sends in aid for stranded Syrian refugees
- 2EUROPEKosovo, Bosnian Activists Demand End to Visas
- 3TURKEYTurkey to take in more Syrians as numbers surge on border
- 4ENERGYExpecting the unexpected: Why the oil price keeps surprising us
- 5EUROPEGreece and Azerbaijan proceed with a strategic energy alliance