Iran’s air force will hold a massive military exercise to test various long-range radars and electronic surveillance systems, local Press TV channel said Thursday.
During the seven-day war games, Iran’s drones, jetfighters, anti-air defense systems and some 8 thousand troops, including the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) will practice modern tactics in relation to the recent threats existing in certain parts of the world, Commander of Khatam al-Anbiya Air Defense Command Brigadier General Farzad Esmaili told reporters.
Iran has conducted several military exercises over the past few months amid accusations made against te country’s nuclear program by the US and its allies.
Voice of Russia, Interfax
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEKosovo’s diplomacy is failing; only two states have recognized the country in 9 months
- 2TURKEYTurkish defense firms ‘deployed’ in Qatar for better trade
- 3MIDDLE EASTRussian warships hit IS targets in Syria
- 4EUROPEEU offers Turkey cash over migrant crisis
- 5TURKEYRussia to 'think twice' about entering Turkey's airspace