Seven Syrian generals who have defected from the Syrian regime's army arrived in the southern Turkish province of Hatay early this morning.
They were taken to the Apaydın camp, where a number of other Syrian opposition soldiers are currently staying. The number of opposition generals has reportedly risen to 40, although the ranks and names of generals remain unknown.
Meanwhile, 22 people who were wounded during clashes in the Harim district of Idlib province have been taken to the Reyhanlı district's public hospital for treatment. One of those involved in the clashes subsequently died of his wounds.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYErdoğan: US would side with Turkey if Russia does wrong, including PYD
- 2EUROPESerb village may 'convert to Islam' to save local church
- 3EUROPEEU migrant crisis: Germany's Spiegel asks 'how naïve do we want to be?'
- 4EUROPEDeutsche Bank sees huge loss, restructuring announced
- 5ECONOMYIMF: worst global growth since 2009 financial crisis