Seven Syrian generals who have defected from the Syrian regime's army arrived in the southern Turkish province of Hatay early this morning.
They were taken to the Apaydın camp, where a number of other Syrian opposition soldiers are currently staying. The number of opposition generals has reportedly risen to 40, although the ranks and names of generals remain unknown.
Meanwhile, 22 people who were wounded during clashes in the Harim district of Idlib province have been taken to the Reyhanlı district's public hospital for treatment. One of those involved in the clashes subsequently died of his wounds.
Most Viewed News
- 1ECONOMYKazakhstan to maintain its leading position in uranium mining, Kanat Bozumbayev
- 2TURKEYAnkara will no longer need US drones
- 3ECONOMYTurkey sees steepest decline in monthly foreign arrivals since May 1999
- 4MIDDLE EASTTurkish FM calls for pluralist new Syria
- 5EUROPECall for peace negotiations between the Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots