Seven Syrian generals who have defected from the Syrian regime's army arrived in the southern Turkish province of Hatay early this morning.
They were taken to the Apaydın camp, where a number of other Syrian opposition soldiers are currently staying. The number of opposition generals has reportedly risen to 40, although the ranks and names of generals remain unknown.
Meanwhile, 22 people who were wounded during clashes in the Harim district of Idlib province have been taken to the Reyhanlı district's public hospital for treatment. One of those involved in the clashes subsequently died of his wounds.
- MIDDLE EASTActivists: Coalition fails to investigate airstrikes in Yemen
- EUROPEMacedonian army starts building fence on Greek border
- AMERICASPoll: Trump drops 12 percentage points in week
- TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkeys resolve against PKK
- MIDDLE EASTSyria: YPG-allied group kills 20 civilians in Aleppo
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EASTDisastrous situation as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 4TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdoğan warns Russia not to play with fire