Seven Syrian generals who have defected from the Syrian regime's army arrived in the southern Turkish province of Hatay early this morning.
They were taken to the Apaydın camp, where a number of other Syrian opposition soldiers are currently staying. The number of opposition generals has reportedly risen to 40, although the ranks and names of generals remain unknown.
Meanwhile, 22 people who were wounded during clashes in the Harim district of Idlib province have been taken to the Reyhanlı district's public hospital for treatment. One of those involved in the clashes subsequently died of his wounds.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYThousands mark International Workers Day in Turkey amidst heavy security
- 2TURKEYEU-Turkey migrant deal is necessary, says Hungarys Orban
- 3TURKEYLast two days for historic Turkey-EU visa accord
- 4ASIAMyanmar boat disaster victims Muslim, but which ones?
- 5TURKEY5 soldiers, 2 officers killed in weekend terror attacks