Seven Syrian generals who have defected from the Syrian regime's army arrived in the southern Turkish province of Hatay early this morning.
They were taken to the Apaydın camp, where a number of other Syrian opposition soldiers are currently staying. The number of opposition generals has reportedly risen to 40, although the ranks and names of generals remain unknown.
Meanwhile, 22 people who were wounded during clashes in the Harim district of Idlib province have been taken to the Reyhanlı district's public hospital for treatment. One of those involved in the clashes subsequently died of his wounds.
- TURKEYArmy finds bodies of 30 terrorists in southeast Turkey
- MIDDLE EASTFive troops killed by roadside bomb in Egypt's Sinai
- EUROPEMunich deal 'unlikely' to change Syria situation
- MIDDLE EASTEgypt opens Gaza crossing for two days to limited traffic
- EUROPEEU urged to stop differentiating between terror groups
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTIranians mark anniversary of 1979 Islamic revolution holding 'Death to America, Israel' signs
- 2EUROPEHollande reshuffles cabinet ahead of 2017 presidential elections
- 3TURKEYIran cites Turkey as priority, proposes new economic plan
- 4EUROPETurkey bans 'Pro-Russian' Bulgarian politicians
- 5MIDDLE EASTAshrawi: The Palestinian question needs unity, Palestinians need hope