Seven Syrian generals who have defected from the Syrian regime's army arrived in the southern Turkish province of Hatay early this morning.
They were taken to the Apaydın camp, where a number of other Syrian opposition soldiers are currently staying. The number of opposition generals has reportedly risen to 40, although the ranks and names of generals remain unknown.
Meanwhile, 22 people who were wounded during clashes in the Harim district of Idlib province have been taken to the Reyhanlı district's public hospital for treatment. One of those involved in the clashes subsequently died of his wounds.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges govt not to turn post-coup probe into witch hunt
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülens extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News