In the event of a war with Syria, the Turkish army will need only three hours to reach the country's capital Damascus, Turkish TV channel Beyaz TV quotes MP from the ruling Justice and Development Party Samil Tayar as saying on Wednesday.
MP emphasized that Ankara is fully ready for military actions.
At least 5 people were killed in Sanlýurfa province on Oct.3, when a mortar exploded in the town center. Syrian side has repeated similar attacks several times.
Last week Turkish parliament approved issuing a mandate for cross-border military operations against Syria in response to the shelling of the Turkish city of Sanlýurfa by the Syrian army.
Ankara states that such measures are taken to prevent further provocations of Syria, and start of an armed conflict is out of the question.
Most Viewed News
- 1AMERICASNorth American countries sign first-ever climate accord
- 2TURKEYDavutoglu confirms Turkish retaliation to shelling
- 3EUROPEHollande reshuffles cabinet ahead of 2017 presidential elections
- 4EUROPERussia bristles at NATO expansion in Eastern Europe
- 5MIDDLE EASTKerry: 'This is the moment' to find a Syria solution