In the event of a war with Syria, the Turkish army will need only three hours to reach the country's capital Damascus, Turkish TV channel Beyaz TV quotes MP from the ruling Justice and Development Party Samil Tayar as saying on Wednesday.
MP emphasized that Ankara is fully ready for military actions.
At least 5 people were killed in Sanlıurfa province on Oct.3, when a mortar exploded in the town center. Syrian side has repeated similar attacks several times.
Last week Turkish parliament approved issuing a mandate for cross-border military operations against Syria in response to the shelling of the Turkish city of Sanlıurfa by the Syrian army.
Ankara states that such measures are taken to prevent further provocations of Syria, and start of an armed conflict is out of the question.
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia's Lavrov cancels Turkey visit
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPM: Turkey has right to take 'all kinds of measures'
- TURKEYA civilian killed at border post in southeast Turkey
- TURKEYTurkey: New cabinet offers changes for economy
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey summons Russian envoy over shot down warplane
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens