In the event of a war with Syria, the Turkish army will need only three hours to reach the country's capital Damascus, Turkish TV channel Beyaz TV quotes MP from the ruling Justice and Development Party Samil Tayar as saying on Wednesday.
MP emphasized that Ankara is fully ready for military actions.
At least 5 people were killed in Sanlýurfa province on Oct.3, when a mortar exploded in the town center. Syrian side has repeated similar attacks several times.
Last week Turkish parliament approved issuing a mandate for cross-border military operations against Syria in response to the shelling of the Turkish city of Sanlýurfa by the Syrian army.
Ankara states that such measures are taken to prevent further provocations of Syria, and start of an armed conflict is out of the question.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- 2EURASIARussia: Continuation of commercial and economic cooperation with Turkey
- 3TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
- 4AMERICASClinton selected Virginia senator as her running mate
- 5TURKEYMore than 8,000 people including judiciary members, soldiers, police officers and civil servants, have been arrested