Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei today, speaking to people and country's officials, asked the media outlets not to exxagerate the effect of International sanctions oput on the Islamic Republic, PRESS TV reported live.
"The West lies about the sanctions. They link the sanctions to nuclear program, yet the sanctions were here for a long time - when there was no nuclear activity in Iran at all," Khamenei said.
Speaking to the people and country's officials in Iran's city of Bojnourd (Khorasan province), Khamenei said the country of course had its ups and downs, yet nothing can stop Iran's progress, and there are no problems that Iran cannot fix itself.
"Here is a good example - imagine a hiking group, that has a goal to reach the peak of the mountain," Khamenei said. "On the way, these people may encounter many problems, threats, but they still have to move, never lose their hope, to be patient, remain wise and be prepared."
Khamenei noted that the Iranian nation has been facing problems for 30 years already, ever since the Islamic Revolution, and was able to overcome all obstacles, leaving problems and dangers behind.
"If there is a working mechanism, it can bring all enemies to their knees," Khamenei said to the people. "Our people overcame all the great difficulties."
With regard to the sanctions, and Western governments pressuring Iran, Khamenei noted that it is important to look at the facts.
"The Zionist network is being backed by some Western governments, and they're all affected by this network. They were against the Islamic Revolution, and they carry this grudge against the Iranian nation," Khamenei said.
- ASIAChina blocks US navy ships' access to Hong Kong port
- AMERICASUS: Obama mocks Trump at last White House press dinner
- TURKEYThree Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack in southeast
- TURKEYTurkish police hold Daesh 'May Day attack' suspects
- TURKEYOfficer killed in bomb attack on Gaziantep police HQ in Turkey's southeast
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina blocks US navy ships' access to Hong Kong port
- 2TURKEYOfficer killed in bomb attack on Gaziantep police HQ in Turkey's southeast
- 3TURKEYTurkish police hold Daesh 'May Day attack' suspects
- 4TURKEYThree Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack in southeast
- 5AMERICASUS: Obama mocks Trump at last White House press dinner