Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei today, speaking to people and country's officials, asked the media outlets not to exxagerate the effect of International sanctions oput on the Islamic Republic, PRESS TV reported live.
"The West lies about the sanctions. They link the sanctions to nuclear program, yet the sanctions were here for a long time - when there was no nuclear activity in Iran at all," Khamenei said.
Speaking to the people and country's officials in Iran's city of Bojnourd (Khorasan province), Khamenei said the country of course had its ups and downs, yet nothing can stop Iran's progress, and there are no problems that Iran cannot fix itself.
"Here is a good example - imagine a hiking group, that has a goal to reach the peak of the mountain," Khamenei said. "On the way, these people may encounter many problems, threats, but they still have to move, never lose their hope, to be patient, remain wise and be prepared."
Khamenei noted that the Iranian nation has been facing problems for 30 years already, ever since the Islamic Revolution, and was able to overcome all obstacles, leaving problems and dangers behind.
"If there is a working mechanism, it can bring all enemies to their knees," Khamenei said to the people. "Our people overcame all the great difficulties."
With regard to the sanctions, and Western governments pressuring Iran, Khamenei noted that it is important to look at the facts.
"The Zionist network is being backed by some Western governments, and they're all affected by this network. They were against the Islamic Revolution, and they carry this grudge against the Iranian nation," Khamenei said.
- MIDDLE EASTIsrael defies international law by holding bodies of slain Palestinians
- EUROPEBelgian security crackdown 'should not target Muslims'
- MIDDLE EASTSyria: Russian warplanes kill 11 civilians in Idlib
- ASIAReport: North Korean sub missile launch 'fails'
- EUROPESpanish police arrest three in connection with Daesh
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 5TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges