Iran's Defense Minister, General Ahmad Vahidi said Iran is ready for the big fight, Fars reported.
Vahidi made the remarks during his speech at the "Shahid Motahari" memorial base.
"While from distance, our enemy looks big, in fact it is more like a spider web, fragile," Vahidi noted.
The general added that enemies of Iran try to show Iranian people how big their problems are, including military threats, sanctions, isolation, and cultural issues.
"We have a holy capital, a Supreme Leader and martyrs that are ready to stand against enemy attacks," Vahidi noted.
"This battle has been going on forever. Since we live in an era of Imam Mehdi's coming, this war is very important to us," Vahidi said.
- MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces intensify shelling of Turkmen regions
- WORLDCameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia expects high level apology from Turkey, mulls economic sanctions
- ASIAChina urges U.S., Japan not to flex muscles on South China Sea
- ASIAChina pushes for deeper engagement with Africa
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama backs Turkish self-defense in row with Russia, urges calm