Iran's Defense Minister, General Ahmad Vahidi said Iran is ready for the big fight, Fars reported.
Vahidi made the remarks during his speech at the "Shahid Motahari" memorial base.
"While from distance, our enemy looks big, in fact it is more like a spider web, fragile," Vahidi noted.
The general added that enemies of Iran try to show Iranian people how big their problems are, including military threats, sanctions, isolation, and cultural issues.
"We have a holy capital, a Supreme Leader and martyrs that are ready to stand against enemy attacks," Vahidi noted.
"This battle has been going on forever. Since we live in an era of Imam Mehdi's coming, this war is very important to us," Vahidi said.
- WORLDUS puts Switzerland on copyright watch list
- EUROPEPolice arrest four for corruption at migration office
- ECONOMYColombian minister proposes ending Novartis patent
- AMERICASEx-US speaker Hastert sentenced to 15 months
- ECONOMYForeign tourists visiting Turkey see sharpest drop in March since October 2006
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYEU calls on Turkey for ‘focused efforts’ on integration of Syrian refugees
- 2ASIANine Taliban terrorists killed in Northern Afghanistan
- 3EURASIATurkey condemns outlawing of Crimean Tatar Mejlis
- 4TURKEYSuicide bomb attack in Turkey's Bursa wounds 13
- 5TURKEYPresident Erdoðan defends secularism after remarks by parliament speaker