Britain's foreign secretary has arrived in Baghdad for talks with senior politicians, vowing to help Iraq on its "path to stability. Today`s Zaman reported The Foreign Office said Wednesday that William Hague will meet officials including Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari.
Hague said the politicians would discuss "U.K. support for the political process in Iraq" as well as the violence in neighboring Syria.
Iraq is enduring one of its bloodiest periods since the U.S. troop pullout last year.
Hague condemned as "appalling terrorist attacks" a series of bombings that killed more than 100 people earlier this week.
- ASIAROC commits to providing humanitarian aid
- ASIAUN chief calls for stronger cooperation from Southeast Asian countries to tackle global crises
- ASIAPM condemns attack on Akram Durrani's convoy
- ASIAUN urges concerted action to create world where women, girls live free from violence
- ASIAPakistan urges humanitarian approachto resolve refugee crisis;Denialof asylum toMuslims morallywrong
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 4ASIAChina urges coordination after Turkey downs Russian jet
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border