Britain's foreign secretary has arrived in Baghdad for talks with senior politicians, vowing to help Iraq on its "path to stability. Today`s Zaman reported The Foreign Office said Wednesday that William Hague will meet officials including Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari.
Hague said the politicians would discuss "U.K. support for the political process in Iraq" as well as the violence in neighboring Syria.
Iraq is enduring one of its bloodiest periods since the U.S. troop pullout last year.
Hague condemned as "appalling terrorist attacks" a series of bombings that killed more than 100 people earlier this week.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYIstanbul conquest counter-demonstration held in Greece
- 2TURKEYTurkey's first lady calls for focus on 'gender justice'
- 3EUROPEEU’s Timmermans cites progress on visa-free travel for Turkey
- 4ASIARohingya in Indonesia camps concerned over status, jobs
- 5TURKEYNo Muslim family should engage in birth control: Erdođan