Britain's foreign secretary has arrived in Baghdad for talks with senior politicians, vowing to help Iraq on its "path to stability. Today`s Zaman reported The Foreign Office said Wednesday that William Hague will meet officials including Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari.
Hague said the politicians would discuss "U.K. support for the political process in Iraq" as well as the violence in neighboring Syria.
Iraq is enduring one of its bloodiest periods since the U.S. troop pullout last year.
Hague condemned as "appalling terrorist attacks" a series of bombings that killed more than 100 people earlier this week.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News