Britain's foreign secretary has arrived in Baghdad for talks with senior politicians, vowing to help Iraq on its "path to stability. Today`s Zaman reported The Foreign Office said Wednesday that William Hague will meet officials including Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari.
Hague said the politicians would discuss "U.K. support for the political process in Iraq" as well as the violence in neighboring Syria.
Iraq is enduring one of its bloodiest periods since the U.S. troop pullout last year.
Hague condemned as "appalling terrorist attacks" a series of bombings that killed more than 100 people earlier this week.
- TURKEYTurkish history does not start with War of Independence: Erdoðan
- AMERICASClinton, Trump and the 'woman’s card'
- MIDDLE EASTUS walks thin line with Russia between cooperating and helping
- MIDDLE EASTDemanding gov't reform, Sadrists storm Iraq parliament
- TURKEYAKP board takes back key authority from Davutoðlu
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYPolice working to confirm Bursa suicide bomber’s identity
- 2TURKEYNo EU migrant deal if visas not lifted: Turkish PM
- 3TURKEYUK academic in Turkey faces five years in jail for ‘terrorism propaganda’
- 4EURASIARussian jet intercepts US aircraft in Baltic Sea
- 5AMERICASClinton, Trump and the 'woman’s card'