Turkish fighter jets and attack helicopters pounded suspected Kurdish militant positions near the southeastern border with Syria and Iraq on Wednesday in a major air-and-ground operation, security sources said.
"Around 2,000 soldiers are involved in the operation. Cobra helicopters ... are bombing targets on the Kato mountain," a security source told Reuters, referring to a location in Turkey's southeastern Sirnak province.
- WORLDOlympic flame comes to Switzerland
- EUROPETurkish kebab restaurant owner in Portugal becomes famous after mob
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism revenue drops 16.5 percent in first quarter
- ECONOMYMagazine names Turkey’s ‘most popular’ companies
- ENERGYTurkish energy minister calls for environmentalist groups to protest Armenian nuclear plant
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina on the road to “New Economy”: First impressions
- 2TURKEYDeputies’ fistfight closes Turkish parliament for two days
- 3MIDDLE EASTTurkey signs deal to deploy forces in Qatar
- 4ASIAKazakhstan announced its position regarding territorial disputes in South China Sea
- 5TURKEYPresident Erdoðan questions Arab League