Turkish fighter jets and attack helicopters pounded suspected Kurdish militant positions near the southeastern border with Syria and Iraq on Wednesday in a major air-and-ground operation, security sources said.
"Around 2,000 soldiers are involved in the operation. Cobra helicopters ... are bombing targets on the Kato mountain," a security source told Reuters, referring to a location in Turkey's southeastern Sirnak province.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEKosovo, Bosnian Activists Demand End to Visas
- 2TURKEYTurkey sends in aid for stranded Syrian refugees
- 3TURKEYTurkey to take in more Syrians as numbers surge on border
- 4ENERGYExpecting the unexpected: Why the oil price keeps surprising us
- 5EUROPEGreece and Azerbaijan proceed with a strategic energy alliance