Turkish fighter jets and attack helicopters pounded suspected Kurdish militant positions near the southeastern border with Syria and Iraq on Wednesday in a major air-and-ground operation, security sources said.
"Around 2,000 soldiers are involved in the operation. Cobra helicopters ... are bombing targets on the Kato mountain," a security source told Reuters, referring to a location in Turkey's southeastern Sirnak province.
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTSyria air campaign raises questions about Russian capabilities
- 2TURKEYErdogan: Russian bombs in Syria hit moderate opposition
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian government forces reportedly gearing up for ground offensive
- 4TURKEYIranian intelligence helps in release of Turkish workers in Iraq
- 5ASIASKorean ‘mafia member’ deported from Philippines