Saudi Arabian prince Abdulaziz Bin Abdullah, who serves as Deputy Saudi Arabian foreign minister will participate in Non-Aligned Movement summit in Tehran, Iranian Foreign Ministry Ali Akbar Salehi said, MEHR reported.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who visited Mecca last week, met Saudi King and participated in the summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) focused on unrests in Syria.
Iran has invited Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah to take part in NAM summit.
Salehi said 120 countries' representatives including 50 high level officials as presidents, prime ministers and vice-presidents will participate in NAM summit.
"We have been negotiating with Russia for their top official to take part in NAM summit," he added.
Salehi said that the next NAM summit will be held in Venezuela.
The 16th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement will be held in Tehran on August 28-29.
Four-stage security measures have been taken at the meeting venue and in Tehran. All police and security agencies will be perfectly ready.
In connection with the meeting of the heads of NAM member states from August 28 to September 1, non-working days will be declared at government organisations and institutions of Tehran.
NAM is an international organisation that brings together 118 countries in the world on the principles of non-participation of military blocs. NAM was officially established by 25 states at the Belgrade Conference in September 1961. The movement's establishment was preceded by the Bandung Conference in 1955.
- WORLDCOP21: High-level climate talks open in Paris
- ASIAKazakh President calls on Russia and Turkey to restore relations
- ASIAEconomic corridor project to usher new era of prosperity: Mamnoon
- EUROPETurkish coast guards detain 752 asylum seekers
- ASIAPakistan, China to raise bilateral trade to $20b in next three years
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGUS contradicts Putin on sharing downed jet's flght info
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPutin approves economic sanctions against Turkey
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish citizens targeted in Russia, says embassy
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey received Russian pilot’s body, says PM
- 5EUROPEEU, Turkey hold summit to address migration crisis