The number of military officials, members of parliament and diplomats who quit Bashar al-Assad's regime is increasing.
Following former Prime Minister Riad Hijab and Prime Ministry spokesman Mohammed Itri's defection from the Syrian Army, one journalist, three lieutenant colonels and one auditor joined to Free Syrian Army (FSA) on Tuesday.
Salih Omar from Syrian TV channel, colonels Hassan Bedawi, Whalid Hassan and Khalid Hassan, and Bedawi's wife, auditor Lalia Khredi defected to FSA.
On the other hand, former Syrian Prime Minister Riad Hijab, who defected to Jordan last week, said that he had quitted the Syrian Army with his own will.
"I have not been discharged, for the favor of my country and my conscience I left the regime with my own will. I could not bear anymore the regime that shells Aleppo, Homs and Hama with fighters," said Hijab.
- ASIAROC commits to providing humanitarian aid
- ASIAUN chief calls for stronger cooperation from Southeast Asian countries to tackle global crises
- ASIAPM condemns attack on Akram Durrani's convoy
- ASIAUN urges concerted action to create world where women, girls live free from violence
- ASIAPakistan urges humanitarian approachto resolve refugee crisis;Denialof asylum toMuslims morallywrong
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 4ASIAChina urges coordination after Turkey downs Russian jet
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border