The number of military officials, members of parliament and diplomats who quit Bashar al-Assad's regime is increasing.
Following former Prime Minister Riad Hijab and Prime Ministry spokesman Mohammed Itri's defection from the Syrian Army, one journalist, three lieutenant colonels and one auditor joined to Free Syrian Army (FSA) on Tuesday.
Salih Omar from Syrian TV channel, colonels Hassan Bedawi, Whalid Hassan and Khalid Hassan, and Bedawi's wife, auditor Lalia Khredi defected to FSA.
On the other hand, former Syrian Prime Minister Riad Hijab, who defected to Jordan last week, said that he had quitted the Syrian Army with his own will.
"I have not been discharged, for the favor of my country and my conscience I left the regime with my own will. I could not bear anymore the regime that shells Aleppo, Homs and Hama with fighters," said Hijab.
- MIDDLE EASTIS militants execute more than 300 in Iraq's Mosul
- ASIAUN Security Council members seek more DPRK sanctions for missile launch
- ASIAMyanmar president calls for safeguarding constitution in parliament undertaking
- ASIA4 dead, 18 injured as bomb hits army bus in Afghanistan
- MIDDLE EASTRussian airstrikes cause fresh wave of Syrian refugees
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkish President angry with US visit to PYD ‘terrorists’
- 2TURKEYTurkey sends in aid for stranded Syrian refugees
- 3TURKEYErdogan: U.S. should choose between Turkey, Syrian Kurds
- 4TURKEYTurkey to take in more Syrians as numbers surge on border
- 5TURKEYTurkey had to take in 3 million migrants: Deputy PM