The number of military officials, members of parliament and diplomats who quit Bashar al-Assad's regime is increasing.
Following former Prime Minister Riad Hijab and Prime Ministry spokesman Mohammed Itri's defection from the Syrian Army, one journalist, three lieutenant colonels and one auditor joined to Free Syrian Army (FSA) on Tuesday.
Salih Omar from Syrian TV channel, colonels Hassan Bedawi, Whalid Hassan and Khalid Hassan, and Bedawi's wife, auditor Lalia Khredi defected to FSA.
On the other hand, former Syrian Prime Minister Riad Hijab, who defected to Jordan last week, said that he had quitted the Syrian Army with his own will.
"I have not been discharged, for the favor of my country and my conscience I left the regime with my own will. I could not bear anymore the regime that shells Aleppo, Homs and Hama with fighters," said Hijab.
- TURKEYAt least 20 killed in twin blast in Turkey's Ankara ahead of rally: Report
- TURKEYDozens of casualties in blast at Ankara train station
- TURKEYTurkey: Fenerbahce chairman acquitted of match fixing
- MIDDLE EASTTunisian Dialogue Quartet wins Nobel Peace Prize
- AFRICAFree HIV therapy inaccessible to 150,000 Kenyan patients
Most Viewed News