Chinese policemen shot dead a man in Beijing after he took a hostage at a subway station and threatened to kill her, Xinhua news agency reported citing local authorities.
The police received a call on Friday night that a man took hostage a female inspector at the Hujialou subway station.
After policemen arrived at the scene they were forced to open fire and kill the hostage taker as he attempted to hurt the woman with a knife. The hostage emerged unhurt from the incident.
An investigation has been launched to identify the killed suspect, the agency said.
- WORLDOlympic flame comes to Switzerland
- EUROPETurkish kebab restaurant owner in Portugal becomes famous after mob
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism revenue drops 16.5 percent in first quarter
- ECONOMYMagazine names Turkey’s ‘most popular’ companies
- ENERGYTurkish energy minister calls for environmentalist groups to protest Armenian nuclear plant
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina on the road to “New Economy”: First impressions
- 2TURKEYSuicide bomb attack in Turkey's Bursa wounds 13
- 3MIDDLE EASTOpposition loses 4 towns to Daesh in Syria: US
- 4TURKEYTurkish PM rules out removing secularism from constitution
- 5EUROPEEU’s executive arm: Real litmus test for Turkey are accession negotiations