Chinese policemen shot dead a man in Beijing after he took a hostage at a subway station and threatened to kill her, Xinhua news agency reported citing local authorities.
The police received a call on Friday night that a man took hostage a female inspector at the Hujialou subway station.
After policemen arrived at the scene they were forced to open fire and kill the hostage taker as he attempted to hurt the woman with a knife. The hostage emerged unhurt from the incident.
An investigation has been launched to identify the killed suspect, the agency said.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEKosovo’s diplomacy is failing; only two states have recognized the country in 9 months
- 2TURKEYTurkish defense firms ‘deployed’ in Qatar for better trade
- 3MIDDLE EASTRussian warships hit IS targets in Syria
- 4EUROPEEU offers Turkey cash over migrant crisis
- 5TURKEYRussia to 'think twice' about entering Turkey's airspace