Chinese policemen shot dead a man in Beijing after he took a hostage at a subway station and threatened to kill her, Xinhua news agency reported citing local authorities.
The police received a call on Friday night that a man took hostage a female inspector at the Hujialou subway station.
After policemen arrived at the scene they were forced to open fire and kill the hostage taker as he attempted to hurt the woman with a knife. The hostage emerged unhurt from the incident.
An investigation has been launched to identify the killed suspect, the agency said.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News