Chinese policemen shot dead a man in Beijing after he took a hostage at a subway station and threatened to kill her, Xinhua news agency reported citing local authorities.
The police received a call on Friday night that a man took hostage a female inspector at the Hujialou subway station.
After policemen arrived at the scene they were forced to open fire and kill the hostage taker as he attempted to hurt the woman with a knife. The hostage emerged unhurt from the incident.
An investigation has been launched to identify the killed suspect, the agency said.
- ENERGYUN Climate Change Conference in nine points
- TURKEYTurkey detains over 2,500 ISIL members over three years
- TURKEYInvestigators visit scene of Elçis killing on third day
- TURKEYElçi killed by 'obstructors of crime scene investigation': Turkish PM
- MIDDLE EAST'Security, hope at a low point for Palestinians'
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPETurkish coast guards detain 752 asylum seekers
- 2MIDDLE EASTRussian airstrikes targeting Turkmen in Syria: Commander
- 3EUROPEChina to invest 1,72 billion USD for the construction of a highway between Montenegro and Albania
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey ready to talk with Russia, not apologize
- 5TURKEYEU, Turkey agree on refugee action plan