Nevaf Al-Bashir, leader of al-Bakara tribe in Syria, claimed that Free Syrian Army had taken control of 70 percent of the city of Deir Ez-Zor.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA) correspondent on Monday, Al-Bashir said that there were ongoing clashes between Free Syrian Army and the regime supporters in Deir Ez-Zor.
"Residential areas, hospitals and ambulances in the city are being bombed by the regime. However, the Free Syrian Army took control of 70 percent of the city," stated Al-Bashir.
Al-Bashir also called on Russian people to put pressure on their government to change its Syria policy.
- TURKEYUS Embassy, EU ambassador extends condolences to murdered Elçi, policeman
- TURKEYElçi echoed peace calls moments before his death
- TURKEYGun found by Elçi used in attack on policemen: Turkish PM
- EUROPEEU, Turkey hold summit to address migration crisis
- AFRICAPope visits CAR with hopes of peace, reconciliation
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident
- 5TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkeys resolve against PKK