Nevaf Al-Bashir, leader of al-Bakara tribe in Syria, claimed that Free Syrian Army had taken control of 70 percent of the city of Deir Ez-Zor.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA) correspondent on Monday, Al-Bashir said that there were ongoing clashes between Free Syrian Army and the regime supporters in Deir Ez-Zor.
"Residential areas, hospitals and ambulances in the city are being bombed by the regime. However, the Free Syrian Army took control of 70 percent of the city," stated Al-Bashir.
Al-Bashir also called on Russian people to put pressure on their government to change its Syria policy.
- TURKEYArmy finds bodies of 30 terrorists in southeast Turkey
- MIDDLE EASTFive troops killed by roadside bomb in Egypt's Sinai
- EUROPEMunich deal 'unlikely' to change Syria situation
- MIDDLE EASTEgypt opens Gaza crossing for two days to limited traffic
- EUROPEEU urged to stop differentiating between terror groups
Most Viewed News
- 1AMERICASNorth American countries sign first-ever climate accord
- 2EUROPEHollande reshuffles cabinet ahead of 2017 presidential elections
- 3EUROPERussia bristles at NATO expansion in Eastern Europe
- 4EUROPEMerkel calls for compromises to keep Britain in EU
- 5TURKEYTurkish FM: Turkey, Saudi could launch anti-ISIL ground operation in Syria