Nevaf Al-Bashir, leader of al-Bakara tribe in Syria, claimed that Free Syrian Army had taken control of 70 percent of the city of Deir Ez-Zor.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA) correspondent on Monday, Al-Bashir said that there were ongoing clashes between Free Syrian Army and the regime supporters in Deir Ez-Zor.
"Residential areas, hospitals and ambulances in the city are being bombed by the regime. However, the Free Syrian Army took control of 70 percent of the city," stated Al-Bashir.
Al-Bashir also called on Russian people to put pressure on their government to change its Syria policy.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News