Nevaf Al-Bashir, leader of al-Bakara tribe in Syria, claimed that Free Syrian Army had taken control of 70 percent of the city of Deir Ez-Zor.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA) correspondent on Monday, Al-Bashir said that there were ongoing clashes between Free Syrian Army and the regime supporters in Deir Ez-Zor.
"Residential areas, hospitals and ambulances in the city are being bombed by the regime. However, the Free Syrian Army took control of 70 percent of the city," stated Al-Bashir.
Al-Bashir also called on Russian people to put pressure on their government to change its Syria policy.
- TURKEYTurkish history does not start with War of Independence: Erdoðan
- AMERICASClinton, Trump and the 'woman’s card'
- MIDDLE EASTUS walks thin line with Russia between cooperating and helping
- MIDDLE EASTDemanding gov't reform, Sadrists storm Iraq parliament
- TURKEYAKP board takes back key authority from Davutoðlu
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYNo EU migrant deal if visas not lifted: Turkish PM
- 2TURKEYPolice working to confirm Bursa suicide bomber’s identity
- 3EURASIARussian jet intercepts US aircraft in Baltic Sea
- 4TURKEYUK academic in Turkey faces five years in jail for ‘terrorism propaganda’
- 5EUROPEFranco-German call for easier suspension of visa-free travel stirs controversy