Turkey has been selected as "a dialogue partner" for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), Chinese president said Wednesday.
Hu Jintao said the dialogue partner status for Turkey was unanimously approved during a meeting in Beijing by Chinese, Russian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik and Uzbek presidents, adding that the organization gave Afghanistan an observer status.
SCO's other dialogue partner countries are Belarus and Sri Lanka.
- EUROPEFrench FM says can work with Syrian regime forces after transition
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdođan warns Russia ‘not to play with fire’
- MIDDLE EASTErdođan and Putin may meet in Paris, but not yet scheduled: Turkish presidency
- AFRICAMore than one million children need urgent aid in the conflict-torn Central African Republic: UN
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism sector fears continued losses amid Russia crisis
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian Turkmen facing 'critical' period in battle
- 4MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 5ASIAChina urges coordination after Turkey downs Russian jet