Turkey has been selected as "a dialogue partner" for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), Chinese president said Wednesday.
Hu Jintao said the dialogue partner status for Turkey was unanimously approved during a meeting in Beijing by Chinese, Russian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik and Uzbek presidents, adding that the organization gave Afghanistan an observer status.
SCO's other dialogue partner countries are Belarus and Sri Lanka.
- TURKEYArmy finds bodies of 30 terrorists in southeast Turkey
- MIDDLE EASTFive troops killed by roadside bomb in Egypt's Sinai
- EUROPEMunich deal 'unlikely' to change Syria situation
- MIDDLE EASTEgypt opens Gaza crossing for two days to limited traffic
- EUROPEEU urged to stop differentiating between terror groups
Most Viewed News
- 1AMERICASNorth American countries sign first-ever climate accord
- 2EUROPEHollande reshuffles cabinet ahead of 2017 presidential elections
- 3EUROPERussia bristles at NATO expansion in Eastern Europe
- 4EUROPEMerkel calls for compromises to keep Britain in EU
- 5TURKEYTurkish FM: Turkey, Saudi could launch anti-ISIL ground operation in Syria