Francois Hollande who has won French presidential election will be officially declared as seventh President of the fifth Republic on May 10. He is expected to take over the office from Nicolas Sarkozy on May 15 in Elysee Palace.
After taking the office, Hollande will appoint a prime minister and the new cabinet will start to work.
His first official visit will be to Germany, the historical ally of France.
His first international affairs test will be G-8 Summit that will be held on May 18-19 at Camp David in USA. On May 20-21, he will attend NATO Summit in Chicago where he is expected to meet Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
After his foreign visits, Hollande will start election campaigns on 21 May for general elections.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News