CAIRO - An Islamist group called "al-Nusra Front" claimed responsibility on Sunday for a suicide bombing which killed at least nine people in the Syrian capital Damascus on Friday.
The group named the bomber as Abu Omar al-Shami and said he detonated his explosives amidst 150 members of the Syrian security forces who were gathered outside the Zain al-Abideen mosque in the Midan district of Damascus.
It was not possible to verify the statement.
- TURKEYTurkish history does not start with War of Independence: Erdoðan
- AMERICASClinton, Trump and the 'woman’s card'
- MIDDLE EASTUS walks thin line with Russia between cooperating and helping
- MIDDLE EASTDemanding gov't reform, Sadrists storm Iraq parliament
- TURKEYAKP board takes back key authority from Davutoðlu
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina on the road to “New Economy”: First impressions
- 2ASIAKazakhstan announced its position regarding territorial disputes in South China Sea
- 3ASIAIndonesia ‘completes’ preparations for executions
- 4MIDDLE EASTUS defense chief admits links among PYD, YPG, PKK
- 5TURKEYPolice working to confirm Bursa suicide bomber’s identity