The countries involved in the “Arab Spring” have no need of any regional for the future, the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) has said, noting that Arab neighbors appreciated the party’s stance that Ankara should not interfere in their developments.
“The Arab countries have as many features in common as they have features that are divergent,” CHP Deputy Chair Faruk Lođođlu told journalists yesterday at the end of a two-day international conference called “Seasons in Change: The Arab People’s March for Democracy and Freedom” that was held by the CHP in Istanbul.
“[They believe] they will develop their unique path without the need for foreign models,” he added.
“The national resources of the Arab nations should be used for the benefit of the people. The international community should act in accordance with law and legitimacy at all times and help put an end to violence and extend humanitarian aid to those in need,” Lođođlu said.
In the interests of ending violence and starting a political process in Syria, the CHP supports the process initiated by the United Nations Security Council, Lođođlu said.
“The plan of the special representative of U.N. and the Arab League, Kofi Annan, needs to be implemented with all of its components, and it should be emphasized that the responsibility for putting an end to violence belongs to all sides in Syria. The Syrian government is invited to take quick steps to resolve the humanitarian crisis in the country,” Lođođlu added.
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia releases radar analysis of downed jet
- ECONOMYŢimţek to become Turkey’s new economy tsar, as Erdođan’s allies take key posts in administration
- ECONOMYRussia crisis hits Turkish stocks
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama, Erdođan agree on the need to de-escalate tension between Turkey and Russia
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTwo Russian warplanes violated Turkish airspace for 17 seconds: Turkey
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 3EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens