The countries involved in the “Arab Spring” have no need of any regional for the future, the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) has said, noting that Arab neighbors appreciated the party’s stance that Ankara should not interfere in their developments.
“The Arab countries have as many features in common as they have features that are divergent,” CHP Deputy Chair Faruk Loðoðlu told journalists yesterday at the end of a two-day international conference called “Seasons in Change: The Arab People’s March for Democracy and Freedom” that was held by the CHP in Istanbul.
“[They believe] they will develop their unique path without the need for foreign models,” he added.
“The national resources of the Arab nations should be used for the benefit of the people. The international community should act in accordance with law and legitimacy at all times and help put an end to violence and extend humanitarian aid to those in need,” Loðoðlu said.
In the interests of ending violence and starting a political process in Syria, the CHP supports the process initiated by the United Nations Security Council, Loðoðlu said.
“The plan of the special representative of U.N. and the Arab League, Kofi Annan, needs to be implemented with all of its components, and it should be emphasized that the responsibility for putting an end to violence belongs to all sides in Syria. The Syrian government is invited to take quick steps to resolve the humanitarian crisis in the country,” Loðoðlu added.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News
- 1EURASIARussia: Continuation of commercial and economic cooperation with Turkey
- 2TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- 3TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
- 4AMERICASClinton selected Virginia senator as her running mate
- 5TURKEYMore than 8,000 people including judiciary members, soldiers, police officers and civil servants, have been arrested