The US has deployed several F-22 Raptor fighter jets to an allied base less than 200 miles from Iran, FOX news reported Friday.
The F-22, produced by Lockheed Martin, is the US' premier fighter jet, boasting stealth technology and specializing in air-to-air combat. It has not yet seen combat.
The US Air Force has strongly denied that this deployment represents a show of force against Iran or is in an way related to a potential strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, the report stated. Instead, the move is part of a route deployment an "security cooperation with regional partners."
- ENERGYUN Climate Change Conference in nine points
- TURKEYTurkey detains over 2,500 ISIL members over three years
- TURKEYInvestigators visit scene of Elçis killing on third day
- TURKEYElçi killed by 'obstructors of crime scene investigation': Turkish PM
- MIDDLE EAST'Security, hope at a low point for Palestinians'
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPETurkish coast guards detain 752 asylum seekers
- 2MIDDLE EASTRussian airstrikes targeting Turkmen in Syria: Commander
- 3EUROPEChina to invest 1,72 billion USD for the construction of a highway between Montenegro and Albania
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey ready to talk with Russia, not apologize
- 5TURKEYEU, Turkey agree on refugee action plan