The US has deployed several F-22 Raptor fighter jets to an allied base less than 200 miles from Iran, FOX news reported Friday.
The F-22, produced by Lockheed Martin, is the US' premier fighter jet, boasting stealth technology and specializing in air-to-air combat. It has not yet seen combat.
The US Air Force has strongly denied that this deployment represents a show of force against Iran or is in an way related to a potential strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, the report stated. Instead, the move is part of a route deployment an "security cooperation with regional partners."
- WORLDOlympic flame comes to Switzerland
- EUROPETurkish kebab restaurant owner in Portugal becomes famous after mob
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism revenue drops 16.5 percent in first quarter
- ECONOMYMagazine names Turkey’s ‘most popular’ companies
- ENERGYTurkish energy minister calls for environmentalist groups to protest Armenian nuclear plant
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina on the road to “New Economy”: First impressions
- 2TURKEYDeputies’ fistfight closes Turkish parliament for two days
- 3MIDDLE EASTTurkey signs deal to deploy forces in Qatar
- 4ASIAKazakhstan announced its position regarding territorial disputes in South China Sea
- 5TURKEYPresident Erdoðan questions Arab League