The US has deployed several F-22 Raptor fighter jets to an allied base less than 200 miles from Iran, FOX news reported Friday.
The F-22, produced by Lockheed Martin, is the US' premier fighter jet, boasting stealth technology and specializing in air-to-air combat. It has not yet seen combat.
The US Air Force has strongly denied that this deployment represents a show of force against Iran or is in an way related to a potential strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, the report stated. Instead, the move is part of a route deployment an "security cooperation with regional partners."
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News