Kazakh Senate Chairman Kairat Mami met with Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia Samvel Nikoyan on the sidelines of the sitting of the Council of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly on Tuesday in Almaty.
The parties discussed the issues on development of Kazakh-Armenian relations. Mami congratulated Nikoyan on his election as Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia.
The Kazakh Senate Speaker noted the active participation of the Armenian colleagues as international observers in the elections in Kazakhstan. He said that the deputies of the Senate would join the mission of observers for the parliamentary elections in Armenia in May this year.
Nikoyan said that "the CIS IPA is a platform where we can work together and strengthen our bilateral relations." According to him, Kazakhstan is home to a large Armenian Diaspora. He expressed his gratitude to the Kazakh people and its leader for the current policy of peace and tolerance in society.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News