Kazakh Senate Chairman Kairat Mami met with Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia Samvel Nikoyan on the sidelines of the sitting of the Council of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly on Tuesday in Almaty.
The parties discussed the issues on development of Kazakh-Armenian relations. Mami congratulated Nikoyan on his election as Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia.
The Kazakh Senate Speaker noted the active participation of the Armenian colleagues as international observers in the elections in Kazakhstan. He said that the deputies of the Senate would join the mission of observers for the parliamentary elections in Armenia in May this year.
Nikoyan said that "the CIS IPA is a platform where we can work together and strengthen our bilateral relations." According to him, Kazakhstan is home to a large Armenian Diaspora. He expressed his gratitude to the Kazakh people and its leader for the current policy of peace and tolerance in society.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYThousands mark International Workers’ Day in Turkey amidst heavy security
- 2TURKEYEU-Turkey migrant deal is ‘necessary,’ says Hungary’s Orban
- 3TURKEYLast two days for historic Turkey-EU visa accord
- 4ASIAMyanmar boat disaster victims Muslim, but which ones?
- 5TURKEY5 soldiers, 2 officers killed in weekend terror attacks