Kazakh Senate Chairman Kairat Mami met with Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia Samvel Nikoyan on the sidelines of the sitting of the Council of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly on Tuesday in Almaty.
The parties discussed the issues on development of Kazakh-Armenian relations. Mami congratulated Nikoyan on his election as Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia.
The Kazakh Senate Speaker noted the active participation of the Armenian colleagues as international observers in the elections in Kazakhstan. He said that the deputies of the Senate would join the mission of observers for the parliamentary elections in Armenia in May this year.
Nikoyan said that "the CIS IPA is a platform where we can work together and strengthen our bilateral relations." According to him, Kazakhstan is home to a large Armenian Diaspora. He expressed his gratitude to the Kazakh people and its leader for the current policy of peace and tolerance in society.
- MIDDLE EASTU.S. airdrops ammunition to Syrian rebel groups
- EUROPEMan faces criminal charges for sexually assaulting 36 underage girls in Finland
- ASIAJapan's protest at UNESCO listing "unreasonable"
- ANKARA BLASTSAnti-gov't protests erupt as Turkey mourns bombing victims
- ASIACPC schedules meeting on new 5-year plan
Most Viewed News
- 1ANKARA BLASTSTurkey in mourning after Ankara blasts
- 2AFRICASaving Kenyan girls from traditional practices
- 3ANKARA BLASTSObama leads support for Turkey in wake of Ankara bombs
- 4ANKARA BLASTSAK Party, CHP leaders meet over Ankara bombings
- 5EURASIAPutin rules out possibility of ground operations in Syria