Kazakh Senate Chairman Kairat Mami met with Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia Samvel Nikoyan on the sidelines of the sitting of the Council of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly on Tuesday in Almaty.
The parties discussed the issues on development of Kazakh-Armenian relations. Mami congratulated Nikoyan on his election as Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia.
The Kazakh Senate Speaker noted the active participation of the Armenian colleagues as international observers in the elections in Kazakhstan. He said that the deputies of the Senate would join the mission of observers for the parliamentary elections in Armenia in May this year.
Nikoyan said that "the CIS IPA is a platform where we can work together and strengthen our bilateral relations." According to him, Kazakhstan is home to a large Armenian Diaspora. He expressed his gratitude to the Kazakh people and its leader for the current policy of peace and tolerance in society.
- ASIAROC commits to providing humanitarian aid
- ASIAUN chief calls for stronger cooperation from Southeast Asian countries to tackle global crises
- ASIAPM condemns attack on Akram Durrani's convoy
- ASIAUN urges concerted action to create world where women, girls live free from violence
- ASIAPakistan urges humanitarian approachto resolve refugee crisis;Denialof asylum toMuslims morallywrong
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGChina’s attitude towards Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet
- 2ASIAChina urges coordination after Turkey downs Russian jet
- 3EUROPEFrance to send 300 special forces to Congo
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish military board convenes after military escalation with Russia
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNING'Nightmare' scenario looms over Syria