Kazakh Senate Chairman Kairat Mami met with Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia Samvel Nikoyan on the sidelines of the sitting of the Council of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly on Tuesday in Almaty.
The parties discussed the issues on development of Kazakh-Armenian relations. Mami congratulated Nikoyan on his election as Chairman of the National Assembly of Armenia.
The Kazakh Senate Speaker noted the active participation of the Armenian colleagues as international observers in the elections in Kazakhstan. He said that the deputies of the Senate would join the mission of observers for the parliamentary elections in Armenia in May this year.
Nikoyan said that "the CIS IPA is a platform where we can work together and strengthen our bilateral relations." According to him, Kazakhstan is home to a large Armenian Diaspora. He expressed his gratitude to the Kazakh people and its leader for the current policy of peace and tolerance in society.
- TURKEYArmy finds bodies of 30 terrorists in southeast Turkey
- MIDDLE EASTFive troops killed by roadside bomb in Egypt's Sinai
- EUROPEMunich deal 'unlikely' to change Syria situation
- MIDDLE EASTEgypt opens Gaza crossing for two days to limited traffic
- EUROPEEU urged to stop differentiating between terror groups
Most Viewed News
- 1AMERICASNorth American countries sign first-ever climate accord
- 2EUROPEHollande reshuffles cabinet ahead of 2017 presidential elections
- 3EUROPERussia bristles at NATO expansion in Eastern Europe
- 4EUROPEMerkel calls for compromises to keep Britain in EU
- 5ASIAPakistan denies claims of boosting nuclear arsenal