Only women and children have been admitted to watch Super Toto Super League match between Fenerbahce and Manisaspor in Istanbul under new rules approved by the Turkish Football Association.
Women formed long lines around Fenerbahce's Sukru Saracoglu Stadium to get their tickets to watch the game.
After opening of the gates, more than 41,000 women and children under the age of 12 filled the stadium.
The game kicked off with Fenerbahce and Manisaspor players hurling flowers at the spectators. They also applauded their female fans and greeted them.
Meanwhile tight security measures have been taken around the stadium to keep men out.
The female fans were searched by all-women police officers.
Women also showed their support to Aziz Yildirim, president of Fenerbahce who has been under detention under a match-fixing probe, by wearing T-shirts emblazoned with his photograph.
Meanwhile, a band formed by 12 female musicians, played songs to cheer the spectators.
Fenerbahce was ordered to play two home matches without any spectators after its fans invaded the pitch during a friendly against Ukrainian champion Shakhtar Donetsk.
The federation changed its rules this week to allow women and children in.
- TURKEYRussian party seeks ‘accountability for Armenian genocide denial’
- ECONOMYAlarm bells toll for Turkish tourism sector over Russia crisis
- ECONOMYTurkish investment agency hopeful for 2016
- ECONOMYIndependence of Central Bank will be a closing benchmark
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish FM calls Russia’s Lavrov 'to express sorrow'
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama backs Turkish self-defense in row with Russia, urges calm
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia releases radar analysis of downed jet