A student was accidentally shot dead Sunday by her brother while celebrating her success in passing the Tawjihi high school exit exams, police said.
Fatima Al-Masdar was killed by a stray bullet during celebratory gunfire to mark the release of Tawjihi results in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Al-Masdar had scored 95.2 percent in the tests, which prepare students for entry into universities.
In the Middle East, it is customary for men to fire gunshots into the air to celebrate wedding parties and other significant events, but Palestinian security services have repeatedly warned the public not to use weapons or fireworks during celebrations to avoid tragedies.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News